John Hopoate Blocked By The NRL

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I don't like his appointment or him on a personal level

But fairs fair the NRL banned him more than ten years ago, he's done his time until his next atrocity
sure, but what about his many & varied indiscretions within the last 10 years (and not all of which have been reported)

involved with youth
Are you saying Packer wouldn't be someone saints juniors look up to? They'd trot the whole side up to see the sg ball kids to inspire them

What about Inglis, Bird and Lui? 2 of those could be idols of young players who let's not forget have bashed or glassed their gfs,they affect everything down to the under 6s,who try to emulate these players

Will they emulate Roberts mad Monday? Or glass a girl then piss on a cop car and lie to authority? Or use the lie of stopping self harm by Punching a woman in the face perhaps?

The latter being the worst because he's used as a role model for the young indigenous boys,at least the other 2 are known scum but he's hidden scum

So Hoppa coaching compared to that? **** he might as well be a held on the same echelon as Father Chris Riley compared to that triplex of scum

Are you saying Packer wouldn't be someone saints juniors look up to? They'd trot the whole side up to see the sg ball kids to inspire them

What about Inglis, Bird and Lui? 2 of those could be idols of young players who let's not forget have bashed or glassed their gfs,they affect everything down to the under 6s,who try to emulate these players

Will they emulate Roberts mad Monday? Or glass a girl then piss on a cop car and lie to authority? Or use the lie of stopping self harm by Punching a woman in the face perhaps?

The latter being the worst because he's used as a role model for the young indigenous boys,at least the other 2 are known scum but he's hidden scum

So Hoppa coaching compared to that? **** he might as well be a held on the same echelon as Father Chris Riley compared to that triplex of scum

Packer belted a man and stomped on his head. Hoppa stuck his fingers up 3 mens @rseholes (3 men in QLD are on rape charges for sticking a beer bottle where the sun dont shine up a mate.).. he belted an opposition coach in junior footy in front of the players, U10's I think they were. He belted a guy in front of a pub,where he was illegally working as a bouncer. He has intimidated and abused journalists, police, judges and various other Rugby League officials, ball boys and referees. He also sh1t all over Manly.
But if u think just because he is now up Bozo's & Co bums all is good. The guy is a disgrace and should be now where near Manly. I don't give a f#ck if he is as good as Bennett he is not worthy of being allowed near a footy field in maroon and white. Get the next best but not this low life...
ps the other guys you mention are all sh1t bags as well, but they aint coaching at Manly.

Last edited:
Many posts in this thread bend the truth and this is a good example. Bird was found not guilty of glassing his girlfriend.

NRL safeguard.

nrl bp.png

Packer belted a man and stomped on his head. Hoppa stuck his fingers up 3 mens @rseholes (3 men in QLD are on rape charges for sticking a beer bottle where the sun dont shine up a mate.).. he belted an opposition coach in junior footy in front of the players, U10's I think they were. He belted a guy in front of a pub,where he was illegally working as a bouncer. He has intimidated and abused journalists, police, judges and various other Rugby League officials, ball boys and referees. He also sh1t all over Manly.
But if u think just because he is now up Bozo's & Co bums all is good. The guy is a disgrace and should be now where near Manly. I don't give a f#ck if he is as good as Bennett he is not worthy of being allowed near a footy field in maroon and white. Get the next best but not this low life...
ps the other guys you mention are all sh1t bags as well, but they aint coaching at Manly.
Couldn't agree more but i don't consider what he did as rape due to the era and the intent,back then guys were still grabbing women's crotches in pubs and while i don't agree with it the people at the time were still inventing sex crime laws

****bag for sure no questions but he hasn't hit a woman to my knowledge or been convicted of sex crimes

Like i said i hate his appointment but the nrl have no right to tell us who can coach

Question. I know Hoppa was convicted and fined $400 for Intimidating a parking cop a couple of years ago, but was he ever convicted of the matter in 2010 at the Cross when charged with AOABH?

No need to look further guys. He was convicted of an offence of Assault in 2011 and fined $1000 and placed on a 12 month bond. Assault is a low end offence and usually means little or no serious damage eg bruising etc. Obviously he was not considered responsible for some of the more serious injuries incurred, whereas his son Jamal was in the later incident.

Will the Penns put a call out for fans to attend the next NRL meeting only to sell the rights to John Hopoate's new name when they change it to get around the ban.

Hopoate was refused registration by the NRL last year after he wasn't deemed a fit and proper person to be involved with the game, following a litany of off-field trouble.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/manly-sea-eagles/manly-sea-eagles-face-nrl-sanction-over-john-hopoate-coaching-sg-ball-side-20160218-gmxyyw.html#ixzz40XxKS1uJ

Hoppa's crimes are substantially less than those of the likes of Russell Packer, Robert Lui, Suai Matagi, Manu Ma'u - all of whom are deemed fit and proper persons to be involved in the game.

Time to cut Hoppa adrift. Too much negative press for the club from a guy with a questionable past on and off the field. Our SG Ball team being belted by Newcastle on the weekend (although only the first game) isn't a ringing endorsement of his coaching ability either.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4