1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Joeys Commentating...

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Turbo, Jul 22, 2016.

1. Turbo

Turbo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,568 / 497
    It's like he is watching another game, and he commentates like this every game. He stands up for the Queenslanders all the time. I hope fox get every game or 9 get better commentators.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. TerryRandall

TerryRandall Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,077 / 38
    Agree - sometimes it's like he is on a different planet. He may be a future immortal, but someone needs to explain the rules to him.

3. Kevinward777

Kevinward777 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,245 / 32
    You're spot on young Turbo, he was loving the Maroons in State of Origin as well.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  4. Turbo

Turbo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,568 / 497
    Yes what about when he said in origin 3 that Cronk should have got sin binned because it was origin! Rules Halle change because it's a bigger game. NRL and Origin are the same.

5. Turbo

Turbo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,568 / 497
    But I really do like when he explains plays which is what he is good at, I find it a great insight into the game and how it is played. But he should quit commentating, as should Lewis, Vautin, Lockyer and Fittler too much Bias.

• Agree Agree x 5
  6. Kevinward777

Kevinward777 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,245 / 32
    Yeah mate, and then there was the call that Inglis shouldn't have been penalised for breaking Dugan's jaw with his shoulder.

• Agree Agree x 7
  7. north coast eagle

north coast eagle Active Member

Ratings:
    +76 / 0
    Wouldn't put it past these guys to be doing "cash for comment"

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. Turbo

Turbo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,568 / 497
    Yep he is always sticking up for his favourites (ie Queenslander and cheats)

9. KingsCrossEagle

KingsCrossEagle Member

Ratings:
    +58 / 1
    So sick of him defending the Queenslanders..totally overcompensating asskissing.

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. damiennp90

damiennp90 Well-Known Member

Menai, NSW
    Ratings:
    +327 / 17
    I don't watch 9 at all mate.

Struggled through state of origin. Now only have the GF to go. Though hope Manly are there.

Fox all the way. Not the best but don't have to deal with mad Freddy and druggy Johns.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. bob dylan

bob dylan Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Junee
    Ratings:
    +4,404 / 130
    Johns is a druggy?

Who knew?

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. HoldenV8

HoldenV8 Well-Known Member

Adelaide
    Ratings:
    +6,741 / 125
    At least we won't have to put up with Nein during the 2017 RLWC. Thankfully Ch.7 have all games which (hopefully) means no Johns, no Lewis, no Lockyer and no Finch (Freddie is at least slowly getting better, I'll give him that. But he will never be more than a sideline commentator).

I agree with @Turbo on this one. Joey does know his stuff, but he is 2 things.....
    1. Dead set boring with his monotonous one-tone voice (Elliot Goblet is good doing that, Johns isn't)
    2. Biased towards his favourites (but then, the whole Nein team is like that).

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. Nice Beaver

Nice Beaver Active Member

Ratings:
    +590 / 17
    Very easy to tell who Joey has his money on when he commentates.

• Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2016
  14. HoldenV8

Adelaide
    Ratings:
    +6,741 / 125
    Johns was also the first one to complain that 1nglis got reported for his shoulder charge on Dugan. That bracing himself argument is laughable when you look at the footage because he lined Dugan up from about 3-4 metres away.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. The Who

The Who Well-Known Member

Mona Vale
    Ratings:
    +4,840 / 103
    Johns is a dribbler.
    I'm waiting until Cooper Cronk retires and joins the media. He is intelligent and articulate.
    Channel Nein seem to think that every champion cricketer, and footballer, can become a good commentator. Very few do.

• Agree Agree x 8
  16. R3

R3 Bird gang affiliate

Ratings:
    +204 / 6
    He's already the immortal 8'ballth
    I love Joey and Freddie as great players and characters of the game but even Lockyear seems restricted or retrained.
    It doesn't seem fun working for that nine team.
    His brother Matty and the fox NRL team look like they have a much better time at work

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. HoldenV8

Adelaide
    Ratings:
    +6,741 / 125
    And other than the NSW media thinking the sun shines out of Joey's backside (they voted for him), I will never understand that. How was Johns' career more successful than say.....Norm Provan's? It wasn't. How was it more successful and deserving of Immortal status than Mal Meninga? Again, it wasn't.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Harvies elbow

Harvies elbow Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,702 / 20
    His brains completely fried

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Killer03

Killer03 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,699 / 27
    I can handle the bias of Lockyer, Vautin and Wally to Qld and Qld players....but Joey and Gus? It really makes me vomit. They cowtow to them constantly. If anything bad happens it's 'not his go' and they seem almost unable to criticize anything about them.

Thank god for Fox. Sure they have dribblers too, but I find the commentary of Brandy, Warren Smith, Voss 10 times better than 9.

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Pablo

Pablo Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,342 / 15
    Johns is lucky he could play footy otherwise he'd still be living in Cessnock, have no teeth, 5 kids and a fat wife named Sheryl.

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Winner Winner x 1