Joey to Newcastle?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ando

Reserve Grader
Latest story is Andrew johns is being pursued to be assistant coach at Newcastle next year. Let's hope he stays at manly, he's done a great job with DCE and foran.

I think it's only a matter of time until Joey does get back involved with Newcastle, and there is a real push on up here at the moment to get Newcastle people back involved with the Knights.

I just hope it's a little way away yet. Also does Joey live on the Northern Beaches? I know Matty Johns does.

But any team would be silly not too. Joey did his coaching credentials a good turn by joining with the best halves pairing in the game. Smart choice.

Drugcastle are more incestious than the Old Testament. I'm sure Joey will probably head back there sometime in the future. And in all honesty they need all the help they can get.

Shows exactly how crap Newcastle are at the moment. I'd be offering him the head coach role!

It depends if he has the patience to commute up to Newcastle 3 times a week.

As i recall, one reason the Manly assistant job appealed to him (apart from working with the best backline in the comp) was because he lives close to Sea Eagles HQ at Bungan, thus he no longer had to travel all around the place to work with various halfbacks. Lets hope he still loves his arrangement at Narrabeen and tells the Knights to beat it

It depends if he has the patience to commute up to Newcastle 3 times a week.

As i recall, one reason the Manly assistant job appealed to him (apart from working with the best backline in the comp) was because he lives at Bungan, close to Sea Eagles training HQ, thus he no longer had to travel all around the place to work with various halfbacks. Lets hope he still loves his arrangement at Narrabeen and tells the Knights to beat it

Gidley did mention they'd be keen for a young coach who hasn't necessarily been in a head coach role?..I hope Rick Stone gets it.

Joey is too self indulgent and has always laughed off Coaching fulltime as a career choice.

The Manly deal allows him to surf in the morning, rock up to training a couple of times a week, then get paid to commentate on the weekends. :)

Maybe Manly don't require him from next year, but it would be out of character for him to commit long term to anything :cool:

Can even Joey help turn the Knights around though? I mean, yes he's done well with Foz and DCE...but if yesterdays loss to the Vermin is anything to go by they have a very LONG way to go. Souffs were very good yesterday, I won't deny that.....but the Knights were equally crap.

Slats just mentioned on BSB that Joey has already knocked back the approach given their Ch 9 connection I reckon this rumour can be put to bed

wombatgc said:
Gidley did mention they'd be keen for a young coach who hasn't necessarily been in a head coach role?..I hope Rick Stone gets it.

I guess that rules out Peter Sharp (if the fact that he can't coach didn't rule him out already).

His job with us has minimal commitment and doesn't take up a huge amount of his time. Plus he loves showboating and swanning around for Channel Nine too much.

He just said on MMM that he knocked them back about 6wks ago as he is happy with the current arrangement and wants to keep living on the northern beaches without driving to Newcastle all week.

https://m.soundcloud.com/triple-m-nrl/andrew-johns-on-knights-coaching-offer

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4