Joe officially retired

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

jimmyb713

Joe just officially announced his retirement via twitter. Congrats to a champion on the field, but more importantly a true gentleman and role model off it. Hopefully he stays involved with the club!

Huge respect for this terrific player and ambassador for the game.
Thanks for the memories Joe.

Will always remember his 2011 season, what a player. Shame it's panned out this way, would have been great seeing him on deck with the team charging into the finals.

Manly must arrange for a Fans' sendoff at the next Brookie game @Larissa :idea:

Joe is a true ornament to the game :angel:

HappilyManly said:
Manly must arrange for a Fans' sendoff at the next Brookie game @Larissa :idea:

Joe is a true ornament to the game :angel:

Hear hear....couldn't agree more. Joe didn't deserve the way he went out and does deserve a proper Manly send-off at Brookie.

Very sad day for the club. Hopefully he sticks around to help the Polynesian boys out. He'd be a great mentor. Nood was always great to us fans as well.

Regrettable but understandable. The old war horse obviously knew time had caught up with him. He was one of those players who do all the grunt work but are rarely given the accolades of a Thurston, Ingliss, Sonny Bill or Brett Stewart, but they prepare the ground work so that those players can shine. Without them, the stand out players stand out much less. We'll miss you big Joe. Enjoy your retirement.

Mark from Brisbane said:
I would prefer a send off in Round 26, v the Panthers VERY fitting

Manly, in their wisdom :huh: have moved our last home game of the season to Bluetongue :-/

This not only deprives all the regulars, who can only attend local, Brookvale games, but I would hazard a guess, even the Panthers, to travel the extra miles up the F3, from clapping Joe off in style:(

Round 19, Titans game may have been better at Bluetongue, or even the Round 22 Warriors game.:idea:

Been a sensational pick up for us. Rescued off the NRL scrap head and was rejuvenated at our club. A point we should use when we look to recruit players from other clubs, not just Joe mind you, but we can say look at how players becoming better when they wear Maroon & White!

Best of luck in retirement, and I think he's already been missed on the field this year.

There are some players when they're on the field you feel confident that they'll do their job, make very few mistakes, do the tough stuff and even at times make a telling play. Joe Gulavao is one such player. I don't know how many times, when struggling to come out of our own end, I've said thank god Joe's coming on and he produces every time.
From this Manly supporter Thankyou Joe for your efforts, I wish you every success in whatever you do next, knowing that if you apply the same habits you do on the footy field, you'll certainly be in front.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4