1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Joe Kelly?

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by The Wheel, May 13, 2015.

1. The Wheel

The Wheel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,763 / 72
    Well wondering if people's opinion of Joe are changing?

Matai, Turbos x 2, Gutherson re signing, Myles signed in his first few months.

Backflips plus other signings to come?

Maybe he learnt something at Chelsea after all!

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  2. eaglebuzz

eaglebuzz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,023 / 77
    I can understand people getting stroppy when it was looking like we'd lost DCE and Foran and signed nobody; going off half cocked. But if DCE backflips I think he will be completely vindicated. Even if he doesn't it's pretty clear they're doing some good work behind the scenes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Loobs

Loobs I am not really Scott Penn Premium Member

Ratings:
    +6,404 / 257
    If he can get DCE to stay while letting Foran go to Parra for what is clearly overs... GENIUS

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Wombat64

Wombat64 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Church Point
    Ratings:
    +1,372 / 37
    Jury is still out on him for me .... don't forget he also part of Bozo being more involved.
    He as at the game salt Sunday sitting next to Shane Richardson hope they he was getting some money from the NRL.

5. Loobs

Loobs I am not really Scott Penn Premium Member

Ratings:
    +6,404 / 257
    The good thing about the Myles signing is that while there was plenty of media speculation, the club itself quietly went about business and got it done and from the sound of what Nate is saying, the is zero chance of a flip. He is locked in.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Mavin

Mavin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +929 / 43
    If he can get DCE 2 stay yes otherwise I'll wait and see what halves he delivers us.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. HappilyManly

HappilyManly MWTS Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Freshwater
    Ratings:
    +11,498 / 254
    No, he has put us through this trauma and even if Chez extends, the 6 losses are still on the board :mad:

8. manlyfan76

manlyfan76 Parra Trolls are the best. Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Anywhere but Parramatta
    Ratings:
    +5,347 / 111
    We are Manly. We judge our administrators on premiership's won under their watch.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  9. lurker

lurker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +798 / 33
    Do you not consider it smart regardless of the involvement of bozo (whether great or small) accepting your own deficiencies and bringing him (bozo) in? Smart managers surround themselves with good people. The success of a team reflects well on the success of the manager

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. the mauler

the mauler Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,653 / 25
    He should already have DCE under lock and key for a lot less than we have to pay now. Botched it well and truely.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Sea Eagle 4 Life

Sea Eagle 4 Life Active Member

Ratings:
    +262 / 6
    The jury is still out. Wait & see if he nabs DCE.

12. Ron E. Gibbs

Ron E. Gibbs Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,437 / 12
    Kelly's learned to keep a low profile, which might just mean he's not as dumb as we thought…
    Really, he was on a hiding to nothing when he started and the whole Foran/DCE mess was not of his doing. Time will tell, I guess.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. mike walker

mike walker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +556 / 2
    G'day all,I don't think that there can be any doubt that there has been a monumental shift in attitude and rhetoric since Bozo has come back on board.I'd suggest that a few home truths have been told and hopefully management will now concentrate its attention on doing the best it can so we can move forward successfully not just trying to settle scores from the past and appease some disgruntled players.
    cheers mike

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Andrew..

Andrew.. Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Alstonville
    Ratings:
    +1,904 / 27
    I wonder if Joe Kelly has just been doing the bidding of the Penns....remember he did say as far as he was concerned Geoff should be left alone to complete his contract, only to be trumped later on by Scott Penn in that interview.

I think Bob Fulton was brought in to help steady the ship more than to advise Joe Kelly.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. zambuck

zambuck Active Member

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
    Ratings:
    +112 / 1
    its not his fault that we had a run of injuries. or did he injure the players , answer is NO NO NO at least they are trying to rebuild, back off and give them a go
    manly forever and never waiver

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. JenEagle

JenEagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,631 / 45
    Credit where credit is due and congrats to Joe for securing Nate Myles. Certainly good to have a win on the board and provides a good platform for Joe and mgmt to move forward and focus on the next targets.

17. castle eagle

castle eagle Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

newcastle
    Ratings:
    +650 / 6
    judging by this post i'd say that you haven't been reading too many threads on here over the last few months @:p@:p:p:p

• Like Like x 1
  18. tookey

tookey Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +4,250 / 131
    One signing doesn't satisfy anyone yet.

Is Kelly or Bozo responsible?

• Like Like x 1
  19. Mark from Brisbane

Mark from Brisbane Living the dream Premium Member

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,737 / 257
    Jury is still out, but I'd suggest the prosecution is about to rest its case

• Clever Clever x 1
  20. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,795 / 122
    True, true, unfortunately some here already had him executed last week.