Joe Kelly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

MightyEagles

Reserve Grader
Talkin sport were advertising an interview with Joe Kelly today. Did anyone hear it at all? I can't seem to find a podcast

I didn't hear it but the Telecrap is reporting that 'Joking' sacked two officials, one of which was Mary Fingleson.

Talkin sport were advertising an interview with Joe Kelly today. Did anyone hear it at all? I can't seem to find a podcast

He dodged it. Said he ran out of time based on another commitment. Hughes was pretty miffed

Mary is a lovely lady and was a very committed staff member, sad to see her go. Don't know what the reason for that was, perhaps he's imported a few more ex Souths staffers ( I think one key person has already moved in).

I was talking to someone I know in the NRL recently ( no not Greenturd), and not a high flying executive, but interestingly he said that Manly weren't held in very high regard in the NRL, despite their obvious success, and he suggested to me that the NRL were very happy with the appointment of the new CEO and it was felt he would make a lot of changes over the first 12 months.

Take from that what you will.

Mary is a lovely lady and was a very committed staff member, sad to see her go. Don't know what the reason for that was, perhaps he's imported a few more ex Souths staffers ( I think one key person has already moved in).

I was talking to someone I know in the NRL recently ( no not Greenturd), and not a high flying executive, but interestingly he said that Manly weren't held in very high regard in the NRL, despite their obvious success, and he suggested to me that the NRL were very happy with the appointment of the new CEO and it was felt he would make a lot of changes over the first 12 months.

Take from that what you will.

We should hire the bloke the NRL just fired. That would rile them even more!

Of course they don't like us. It's because we won't kowtow to them, never have, never will. We don't discipline players based on media frenzy, we won't play out of an NRL sanctioned mega stadium, we don't respect clowns like Gallop and Greenberg, and we keep winning the whole damn show on a regular basis just to pee them off.

Hopefully Kelly gets the Manly culture quick smart, otherwise he might be the one looking for a new job.

Of course they don't like us. It's because we won't kowtow to them, never have, never will. We don't discipline players based on media frenzy, we won't play out of an NRL sanctioned mega stadium, we don't respect clowns like Gallop and Greenberg, and we keep winning the whole damn show on a regular basis just to pee them off.

Hopefully Kelly gets the Manly culture quick smart, otherwise he might be the one looking for a new job.
He wont (kelly) if he keeps listening to Zorba . Its all about pay back and getting even. If you work at head office and were not a Zorba or Penn fan and didnt help Zorba undermine Perry then your gone. I hear a few law suits are in the wind. A lot of good Manly people that have been at the place for years are gone. Very sad times.
Just keep watching the bad press and the undermining of Tooves. Its all part of it and there is nothing we can do about it. There are no more checks and balances.

He wont (kelly) if he keeps listening to Zorba . Its all about pay back and getting even. If you work at head office and were not a Zorba or Penn fan and didnt help Zorba undermine Perry then your gone. I hear a few law suits are in the wind. A lot of good Manly people that have been at the place for years are gone. Very sad times.
Just keep watching the bad press and the undermining of Tooves. Its all part of it and there is nothing we can do about it.
Max fanboi sprouts anti Penn propaganda, in other news oxygen is breathable

While i don't think much of detailing an old man's monet woes we should get behind the Penns, they are the ones we have left

• 👍
Reactions: Dan
Max actually favourited and retweeted our tweet regarding the Tooves having a gut full just a by the by note.

......:axegrind:

Last edited:
Max fanboi sprouts anti Penn propaganda, in other news oxygen is breathable

While i don't think much of detailing an old man's monet woes we should get behind the Penns, they are the ones we have left

Yes why not. They (Penn) will do to us like they have done to the Leagues club and make all the promises and then sell to the highest bidder make there money and go. Then when some of you might work out its all about them and Zorba and the money.
Max Delmege still this day has put in more than the Penns The difference is he didnt lock his money up in shares or secured loans. He just put it in. Maybe not good business but he loved the club and us the fans. We were not just people to sell things to.

We will survive and prosper.

Toovey will make doubters eat their words.

Our halves will stay.

Kelly will earn his stripes.

.... I choose to hope for the best. I have always had hope as a Manly supporter and the club has more than delivered in kind since I started following them in 1972.

Just keep watching the bad press and the undermining of Tooves. Its all part of it and there is nothing we can do about it. There are no more checks and balances.

Remember though, Souths have the largest membership base. Souths have Banks and other corporates wanting to become major sponsors. Souths have had the ability to build an outstanding team and coaching staff.

I know tough decisions need to be made, but the more of that culture, the better. We need to step up in the corporate world.

Unfortunately, those old loyalties will sometimes have to suffer to move forward mate.

It's just the cycle we are going through. I still think everything has been for the better.

Understand how you feel about Zorba mate. I think we all do. Just try and sit back for a moment, and see how things pan out.

Heck, even if we lose one or both of the 1/2's. Remember how everyone felt when Hodko left? It was end of the world stuff. We'll move on.

Heck, as soon as we get that loyalty and brotherhood back in our team, the sooner the fan passion will return. It's why I love JSL so much. Just a joy both on and off the park.

The management of the club does need to be brought into the 21st century. Yes it might be unfortunate that some people have lost their jobs who may have been there for some time, but the reality is if these employees were doing an awesome job then they would have been retained.

We need someone with business nous, we need to attract 3rd party sponsors to compete and we need professional management to successfully take this club to the next level.
I think Joe Kelly has the capability to do this, if he doesn't, then like those employees who have been shown the door, he will be following them.

I think Joe is a shrewd signing by Penn, he has recent experience of how the benchmark of the last few years and I hate to say that it is Souffs have been able to market their brand so well. Every where you go you see the black rabbit and they have flogged it to death and have a membership that we need to strive to get to.

I live in Western Sydney and I see as much Souffs stuff out here as I do Riff or Worm promotion, The Rorters and Tigpies are out here promoting their teams as well. Manly need to spread the gospel beyond the northern beaches and we need the corporate dollar behind us to be able to cash in on the on field success we have.

After winning in 2008 and 2011 we should have done a lot more to cash in on our brand. That is the past, now we need to see the plans executed and promote our brand!

Manly remind me of where the Hawthorn Hawks were 25 years ago. They had a reputation for being a hard working and successful club but had a small membership compared to the big 4 clubs in Melbourne, Collingwood, Essendon, Carlton and Richmond. What the Hawks did so well is build a successful culture and started spreading their wings to other ventures. They now have the 2nd highest membership in the league behind Collingwood, that is some achievement.

Time will tell but we need a different approach to totally cash in on our brand.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6