Joe Kelly: What is your opinion of him now?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Before the Raiders game, he stood up and made some pretty bold claims, and you know what, most of them have come to fruition and / or true:-

He stated:
1. We'd sign a International Quality half (done - DCE)
2. We'd sign a host of juniors (done - Gutherson, Trb1, Trb2, Demetriou & others)
3. We'd sign some marquee players (done - Brown, Lussick, Myles, Koroisou)

I wonder though, what peoples thought's on his value and contribution to the overall team / club has been? I think his request to have Fulton in on an advisory role was A-Class.

I have my opinions though, and they are as follows:-
+ Kelly seemed fine with losing both DCE / Foz, and was seeking alternatives. Did Bozo fix Kelly's mess?
+ Kelly bought in arguably our worst prop in Burgess in years, despite Toovey's protests.
+ Love him or no, Toovey was treated with little respect, and not in the way Kelly promised at that meeting
+ It appears a large majority of the fanbase have become disollusioned
+ Kelly signs players, only to tell them a few months later they aren't in our plans going forward (Ballin)
+ Corporate Sponsorship - under Mayer and others, it felt as though these trickled in, now nothing

Like I say, people are entitled to their own opinions, but I think he has added little value, and in fact, has actually damaged the goodwill (with his lack of communication & treatment of staff & with fans).

I hate that he has allowed guys like Zorba and others have a more dominant position and voice at the club. This has created silos and factions. This should have been addressed from the get go.

I hope Fulton is ruthless, and cuts all the bad apples away. I don't care if that bad apple is our best player - we need a unified, solid group, all moving in the same direction. This may be very unpopular here, but if Matai asks for a release one more time, grant it for the love of God.

If any player wants out: Now is the time to cut those boils and cancers away.

Honestly, I think a lot of Kelly's shortfalls have been luckily covered by Bozo and / or other people. I think it's time we brought in a peoples CEO. One that has an affinity with the fans and players. One that doesn't allow the players to be uncontactable after games.

Kelly has allowed a culture where at Tooves farewell drinks at the Harbord Hilton, only 5-6 players turned up. This should have been mandatory for every player, coach, and management group. A GOOD CEO would have ensured a little respect was shown.

What are your thought's guys?
At this stage Kelly is just a puppet for Bozo.No marquee signings at all.Myles only turns up to play 3 times a yr and that's for QLD,but I suspect he was a panic purchase and used as bait to get DCE to backflip.I'll be happy to be proven wrong but I think Api Koroisau is overrated.This will be his third club in three yrs and Penrith obviously didn't think he was as good as Segeyaro.Brown is just an older version of Buhrer and Leary.The best signing will be Parcell,looks the goods.I do worry about the stockpiling of young outside backs like TomT and Gutherson.Matai should of been allowed to go.As for the Tooves farewell drinks,I think you'll find that that rumour was proven to be BS from a "journo" with a track record of writing rubbish.The drinks were a head wetting for the birth of Buhrer's baby and a couple of players,BSTEWART one of them,had prior commitments

I do believe he visits the same barber as Donald Trump. Is that a positive?

Seriously though, I do think the team will perform next year, with the distractions of this year gone. What role Kelly plays there, well who knows? By Manly standards, it couldn't get much worse. If we have a couple of seasons coming up like 1990-91, after the terrible 1989 season, I will be happy. As I've stated previously, there are some sad similarities between 1989 and 2015 and they both started in the front office.
Joke to my barber Vince at Mona Vale ......

Kelly is best known for being a very good financial officer and if he can Turn around the club's massive financial loss, reported to be in the vicinity of $500,000 then he has done his job .

Kelly is best known for being a very good financial officer and if he can Turn around the club's massive financial loss, reported to be in the vicinity of $500,000 then he has done his job .

I was waiting for you to buy in @BOZO , and your response is unsurprising.

I'm just waiting for the Trent Barrett love fest from you , can't be far away now!!

I was waiting for you to buy in @BOZO , and your response is unsurprising.

I'm just waiting for the Trent Barrett love fest from you , can't be far away now!!
My only alliance with Barrett is that he is coaching our beloved Sea eagles and like any passionate Manly supporter I want our team to succeed feathered friend .
I love any one that is associated with Manly
11059440_947786021945500_6665840093732400263_n.jpg

What position does this kelly guy play, pls don' tell me he is another hooker, has he played first grade yet :think:

A Ceo is a leader , he didn't look like much of a leader at the Tooves sacking presser.Stood there with his head down looking like an intimidated beat dog.

A Ceo is a leader , he didn't look like much of a leader at the Tooves sacking presser.Stood there with his head down looking like an intimidated beat dog.
There could be a few reasons for the head down, was he embarrassed, was he the one responsible, did he disagree? Has he ever had hold of the reins?

Boards (of directors) are typically invisible. The CEO is also typically the public face of the enterprise and the person who makes it all happen.
Something is wrong with the picture here folks...

He lost credability after telling fans that Toovey had a two year contract and would be seeing out the two years.

I always had my doubts about him from the day we signed him. I scoured Youtube for a Joe Kelly highlights video and couldn't find anything, that's when I knew we were in trouble.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2