Joe Kelly resigns

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
make sure that all our boys have their socks up/shirts in at all times
There has been a lot of socks down action this year - perhaps that was our problem. As one of my old coaches used to say, "if you can't play like a team at least look like one, pull your bloody socks up and tuck your jersey in "

Cleary was the principal when I was still at school. He was very much a no nonsense type who has made the school much more profitable than it was before him. The school was run very professionally and had more of a "business" feel than a school.

Still, not sure if a high school principal is the best man for the job.
Does he sport a comb over as well?

Can a day ever get better! First Joe Kelly leaves and now we have the best manly jersey in years released and available to pre order :) I'm lovin it today alright, time to do the eagle rock again! Been a long two years but I feel it's about to get a whole lot better in the upcoming season.

He won't have much to do in reality , all the decisions are made by club legends ZtH & Boze anyway.

Just has to keep the sponsors happy and ignore the irate fans who write to the club, and sell lots of one game memberships so the numbers still look good.

Let's see how he goes but probably won't make 2 years as soon as he realises the dagger is always ready in its sheath!

FWIW, Reading The Play said on Twitter:
Bozo filthy. Wanted son appointed. Penns finally stood up to him.

Interesting times.

Was Joe really that bad?
He knew nothing about the game. I can't recall where he professed knowledge of the game. He was an administrator who administered. He ensured that there were pencils and pens. He greased the axles ... He did what he was told to do.

Another mate to join, Fultons, Lussick and Hopoate. Strange coming from a guy who hates league and NRL , but loves the kick, kick game of rugby and would discipline any boy at his school who had a Manly contract who was not taking his rugby seriously.

This should make a few people on here happy I would think

Yep one happy manly supporter here after this news!!

Only the start, penn , Zorba and Bozo to go then most of us will be happy and the club can get back to rebuilding this club.

The obvious thing here is that if the new hire is already in place, this happened a while ago...

Cleary announced he was stepping down from the school back in March

22 Mar 2016 Manly Daily
School head to step down after 15 years
ST AUGUSTINE’S College principal Tim Cleary will step down at the end of the year after 15 years in the role.
The school’s board and Mr Cleary made a joint announcement to staff, students and parents on Thursday.
Board chairman Mike Ryan said Mr Cleary had achieved many of his goals and wanted to pursue new professional horizons.
As principal, Mr Cleary has overseen the school’s development and expansion, from the opening of the Brimson Centre in 2003, to the $14 million Clancy Project, which opened this month.
The college welcomed internal and external applications for the position.

Source :http://newslocal.newspaperdirect.com/epaper/viewer.aspx

FWIW, Reading The Play said on Twitter:
Bozo filthy. Wanted son appointed. Penns finally stood up to him.

Interesting times.
OMG Fulton wanted Brett as CEO.

What a joke we would have been

If Cleary has already pissed off fulton then he will be in for some interesting times

Cleary announced he was stepping down from the school back in March

22 Mar 2016 Manly Daily
School head to step down after 15 years
ST AUGUSTINE’S College principal Tim Cleary will step down at the end of the year after 15 years in the role.
The school’s board and Mr Cleary made a joint announcement to staff, students and parents on Thursday.
Board chairman Mike Ryan said Mr Cleary had achieved many of his goals and wanted to pursue new professional horizons.
As principal, Mr Cleary has overseen the school’s development and expansion, from the opening of the Brimson Centre in 2003, to the $14 million Clancy Project, which opened this month.
The college welcomed internal and external applications for the position.

Source :http://newslocal.newspaperdirect.com/epaper/viewer.aspx
There you go. So Joe's the fall guy for the **** year. So be it.

OMG Fulton wanted Brett as CEO.

What a joke we would have been

If Cleary has already pissed off fulton then he will be in for some interesting times

He might have less than the two years I gave him earlier, with Boze's dagger poised, and ZtH's in the sheath ready to go, he mightn't last to kick off!!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4