Joe Kelly resigns

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Well, he has maroon & white blood, so we have one of our own, and that is a big positive. Mention was made of his brilliant communication and stakeholder management skills. Very important attribute for a CEO (expect more than the 2 announcements in 2 years style of stealth Kelly). As Pepi mentioned above, a no-nonsense (as opposed to no action Kelly) guy which is good.

Running a big school is the same as being a CEO. He would have to manage HR, budget, strategy, marketing, standards, stakeholders, local and State gov relations, and be EO to a board etc.

I would go so far as to say that this bloke may even be overqualified with the experience he would have had over 15 years. The sea eagles budget of about $20M a year would be less than the school's.

Joe Kelly's experience of being the accountant at Chelsea and Souths would not stack up in comparison.

Last edited:
The Joker was on borrowed time as soon as he had the temerity to talk to the fans in Albury last year, from that moment on ZtH had the dagger out.

One thing you never do is " talk to your customers"!!!!

As to the new guy, he will just be another yes man, there's no way the Gang of Four would allow a free thinker in that role.

It would have to be the strangest appointment yet.
Genuinely interested in thoughts.
What are the duties of a CEO?
How would a guy whose last 15 years was as a school principal fit these duties?
Hope it's a master stroke!
He turned St Augustines around in a couple of years. I went to school there when Jobby O'Brian ran it into the ground. Clearly came in and now it's almost impossible to get your kids into the school the waitlist is so long. However, he did abolish Rugby League at the school in favour of union. The result is a union first 15 that would compete and beat the likes of Joey's etc. Not sure how many paraells there are with going from school boy footy/school admin to a professional league outfit but he is very capable man to say the least.

A still school principal as the new CEO.

Know nothing about the bloke, but surely this appointment is as left field as you would get?

A yes man I take it?

My experience of private school principals is that they are pragmatists who will bend whichever way the most powerful people push them. So probably a yes man... but maybe he'll be good.

I too am a former Saints boy - from the J'oB era

I've heard strong endorsement about this guy over the years.

Big change in career on the cards - maybe he can sort out our school yard bullies, and make sure that all our boys have their socks up/shirts in at all times

If nothing else, our discipline should improve in 2017!

As a side note - the school motto is Vincit Veritas (Truth Conquers). One can only hope...

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6