1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Joe Kelly last night - Youtube

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by simon_eagle, Feb 27, 2015.

1. simon_eagle

simon_eagle Well-Known Member

East Sydney
    Ratings:
    +315 / 7
    Although it was great to hear Joe speak up and quash the rumour that Foz had signed a deal with Parramatta, I can't help but think it was not the forum to do this. I suppose the rational was that the fans have a right to know what is going on with the negotiations, and a season launch was the best place for this...

I still couldn't help but think that the phrase "We hope he is a man of his word", could be seen as a little condescending. Foz's facial expressions seemed to give it away. Not a great poker face, or perhaps he was just embarrassed. Time will tell...

2. susan

susan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,045 / 30
    What! How much do we have to pander to these guys. They wander around from club to club for 12 months,it is now a week out from season start and now we have to worry about embarrassing poor old Foz! He should have him in a room with a stopwatch and a pen ffs.

Geez enough is enough!We are Manly.

• Like Like x 10
  3. Mal Cochrane

Mal Cochrane I'm not really Mal Cochrane...

Ratings:
    +434 / 4
    Kelly said - we 'believe' he is a man of his word - sounds more positive about Foran rather than Kelly saying 'hopeful' which would be questioning Foran's integrity

• Like Like x 2
  4. sheridanstand78

sheridanstand78 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,308 / 51
    How hard is it? You are either staying or going? Joe Kelly has handled negotiations like this in the EPL. I will be amazed if he now not set a deadline.

• Like Like x 2
  5. JenEagle

JenEagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,631 / 45
    Interesting. Thanks for posting that. Maybe we should just decide which one we want to keep more and offer the absolute kitchen sink and pull the pin on the other though it is probably way more complex than that. :)

6. Eagles2nv

Eagles2nv New Team, New Beginnings 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,399 / 35
    Yeah but in the EPL (Chelsea), they have very deep pockets, 3rd party sponsors like oil companies and world class players keen to sign with the club (hence little problems finding a star replacement). Its probably a very different world.

7. simon_eagle

East Sydney
    Ratings:
    +315 / 7
    Yep, that is an important distinction. Well said. It still might have been viewed as a little condescending.. but I agree with Susan.. enough is enough! Sign a new deal or bugger off.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Mal Cochrane

Mal Cochrane I'm not really Mal Cochrane...

Ratings:
    +434 / 4
    yeah, we are all well and truly over it huh..bring on round 1!

9. simon_eagle

East Sydney
    Ratings:
    +315 / 7
    But according to those on Silvertails.. its about 50/50. It's like comparing a Mercedes in grey to one in navy. Very hard to choose and very subjective.

10. mjb136

mjb136 MWSE fanatic Premium Member

sydney
    Ratings:
    +1,462 / 32
    This was sort of a public smackdown to them both. And to be honest, i quite liked the idea. Well done Joe.

11. lurker

lurker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +798 / 33
    Everyone has been saying he should act more like arko. I think he's making a few arko moves. Wouldn't surprise me if the Maloney rumour is to highlight that we have options and get a move on

12. mjb136

mjb136 MWSE fanatic Premium Member

sydney
    Ratings:
    +1,462 / 32
    I agree - its time for him to start the pressure. He needs to show that we won't be pissed all over as a club by any player.

13. Budgewoi Eagle

Budgewoi Eagle In for the long haul. Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +4,015 / 52
    Sell 'em both. I want the one in Silver.

• Like Like x 1
  14. COMMANDER

COMMANDER IF YOU DO NOT TRY YOU CAN NOT FAIL 2016 Tipping Competitor

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
    Ratings:
    +1,740 / 81
    Would have been to see him expound the virtues of our great club and then as an aside briefly mention that the club is still in negotiations with some of it's players.

15. mosto

mosto Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +992 / 10
    Not Maroon with White trim?

16. Budgewoi Eagle

Budgewoi Eagle In for the long haul. Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +4,015 / 52
    Was tossing up between that and a Silvertails tribute. Hey, let's take both!

• Like Like x 1
  17. Pride

Pride Active Member

Ratings:
    +60 / 0
    Looked like DCE didn't enjoy the banter the boys were having behind him

18. Wombat64

Wombat64 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Church Point
    Ratings:
    +1,369 / 37
    So, he hasn't signed doesn't mean anything ..... he might have agreed to rems and has the intention of signing. He's gone, gone, gone ....

19. mosto

mosto Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +992 / 10
    Give one to Foran and one to DCE, Melbourne Storm style.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Clint

Clint . Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,654 / 14
    Hey guys - I just showed the above footage to my wife. She is adamant that the footage shown there of the boys on stage was not shot when Joe was giving his speech. You can see just before they cut away from the boys on stage Jamie Buhrer is talking to someone off camera & says ok and then they start to walk off midway through Joes speech. Now there is no way imo that the boys would be that disrespectful and be chatting etc whilst the CEO is giving a speech.
    To me this just another illustration of the media being manipulative.
    When I inially watched the footage I thought Foz looked very sheepish & uneasy when Joe was talking contracts. But now it looks as though the speech & footage do not correlate at all. @:mad:

Maybe @tookey can shed some light

• Like Like x 3