• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Devastated, great bloke and has been a solid part of our team, always gets the team going forward. He will be sorely missed on and off the field

Joe's one of the unsung heros of our team. Always does the hard yards and puts in 100 %. He will be missed. Let's hope it's not too serious and he does make it back on the paddock for us.

I'm shattered for him. His ability to keep pushing himself has been amazing. He was my player of the year in 2010. I loved his low tackles and his relentless leg drive. Those games where he would get belted and keep going we're inspirational.

bones said:
One of the nicest players I've ever had the pleasure to meet and chat to. Always says hello witha genuine smile, and is valuable member of the team on the park as well. He will be missed. Thanks for a great few years Nood.
I agree with this, and all the other comments here too. Big loss, and a tough way to end. But a brilliant career and a very good man.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
bones said:
One of the nicest players I've ever had the pleasure to meet and chat to. Always says hello witha genuine smile, and is valuable member of the team on the park as well. He will be missed. Thanks for a great few years Nood.
I agree with this, and all the other comments here too. Big loss, and a tough way to end. But a brilliant career and a very good man.
I agree too,I often see him at junior league up here in the riff,he is only too happy to talk footy,yes,he is one of the nicest blokes around,no question

Very sad if that is it.
As has been said before, he is a top bloke and a great influence around the club.
I too was skeptical when we signed him but am happy to admit that I shouldn't have been. He's been fantastic in everything he's done.

Good luck Joe, let's hope it's not as bad as first thought.

Thought I'd chuck this on here. The day before Joe did his Achilles Kobe Bryant did the same and posted this on Facebook

"This is such BS! All the training and sacrifice just flew out the window with one step that I’ve done millions of times! The frustration is unbearable. The anger is rage. Why the hell did this happen ?!? Makes no damn sense. Now I’m supposed to come back from this and be the same player Or better at 35?!? How in the world am I supposed to do that??

I have NO CLUE. Do I have the consistent will to overcome this thing? Maybe I should break out the rocking chair and reminisce on the career that was. Maybe this is how my book ends. Maybe Father Time has defeated me …Then again maybe not!

It’s 3:30am, my foot feels like dead weight, my head is spinning from the pain meds and I’m wide awake. Forgive my Venting but what’s the purpose of social media if I won’t bring it to you Real No Image?? Feels good to vent, let it out. To feel as if THIS is the WORST thing EVER! Because After ALL the venting, a real perspective sets in. There are far greater issues/challenges in the world then a torn achilles. Stop feeling sorry for yourself, find the silver lining and get to work with the same belief, same drive and same conviction as ever.

One day, the beginning of a new career journey will commence. Today is NOT that day.
“If you see me in a fight with a bear, prey for the bear”. Ive always loved that quote. Thats “mamba mentality” we don’t quit, we don’t cower, we don’t run. We endure and conquer.

I know it’s a long post but I’m Facebook Venting LOL. Maybe now I can actually get some sleep and be excited for surgery tomorrow. First step of a new challenge.
Guess I will be Coach Vino the rest of this season. I have faith in my teammates. They will come thru.

Thank you for all your prayers and support. Much Love Always.
Mamba Out"

Gives a little insight into what joe may be feeling right now

Plus, I'd like to think Joe could spell "pray". Unless Kobe was admitting that he would be prey for the bear. I'm confused, must be the pain meds.

Let's hope if Joe retires that he is not lost to the game nor our club. While I don;t know him he seems to offer so much as a person, mentor and potentially as a trainer/administrator.

Anyone have any news on Joe's injury? What did the scans show up?

My fingers are crossed for the big fella.

bummer

Joe Galuvao ‏@joegee8 6m
As feared,I am booked in 4 surgery 2repair my ruptured achilles so ruling me out 4the rest of the season.thnx heaps 4 the support #gomanly

Sad to hear the news - Nood has been a great addition to the squad.
His drive and ambition and willingness to make sacrifices to play the game and the way he approaches things will be a great example to many aspiring young players.
Hope all goes well with the op and best wishes to him for the coming months.

All is not lost as he will still play a role and lift his team mates with his positive spirit

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4