Jiu Jitsu

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Who

Journey Man
No, he's not our latest signing. There is a fascinating video from the club on Choc, and other players, learning Brazilian Jio Jitsu. I though this must be marshall arts done hairless - but no. It's helping the players with the wrestle.
As much as I admire the club for keeping up with the latest techniques I think it's a sad indictment on the modern game that players have to be coached on wrestling. Does anybody go to a RL game to watch the grapple? Do you encourage your kids to play RL to see them run, kick, catch, or wrestle?
Oh for the days of skilled footballers, sweeping backline movements, side-steps, deft passes, low cover-defending tackles....
There is a lot wrong with the way the game is played these days. Making the wrestle such an important element of success is one of them.

http://www.seaeagles.com.au/news-display/Choc-n-Roll-Watmough-hits-the-mat/80269

I add my lamentations to the commentary that The Who hast so wisely espoused.

I think I had that last time I ate out at a Chinese restaurant

The last time I saw something like that was at Kenny's of Kensington and the combatants didn't wear any clothes.

Stevo said:
Dan said:
I think I had that last time I ate out at a Chinese restaurant

Jiu Jitsu is Japaneese

Yes but the only Japanese in Hervey Bay is the one place that does their version of Sushi, which are more American Japanese anyway. :)

I done BJJ until i dislocated my shoulder playing footy two years ago.
its a good technical martial art, helped with footy.
but its useless on the street unless you plan to go to ground....

and remember you're only gay if you make eye contact!

Ive done BJJ aswell, its good fitness and you really do learn when to be active and when to relax. You get a good idea of grip and body position.

I think it would be good on the street or pub as long its 1 on 1, otherwise you're screwed.

Agree on the eye contact part.

As a bit of an aside, what I really love about this vid is Donny Singe referring to our players as men. I have long thought that the constant referring to all league players as boys has a lot to do with the juvenile antics of some players. There's a good chance if you call a man a man, he will live up to the title.
(Unless, of course, you follow Florida Man on twitter and that completely ruins my argument!)

Budgewoi Eagle said:
As a bit of an aside, what I really love about this vid is Donny Singe referring to our players as men. I have long thought that the constant referring to all league players as boys has a lot to do with the juvenile antics of some players. There's a good chance if you call a man a man, he will live up to the title.
(Unless, of course, you follow Florida Man on twitter and that completely ruins my argument!)

I agree. Crap coaches such as Craig Cloleman called them cattle, even. A respectful environment works wonders.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6