Jersey Auctions on MWSE

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

COMMANDER

IF YOU DO NOT TRY YOU CAN NOT FAIL
Bidding on a game worn jersey over there. Bid was at $280 for this jersey, I put an auto bid in for an amount larger than that last night.

Bids go in $10 increments, so my first auto bid was $290 and the next bid that comes in is $60 above my first bid and $10 below the max on my auto bid.

I am suspicious of a phantom bid to get me to my max auto bid.  If I am outbid fair enough, but if I win it I would be very concerned about how the auction went!

Thoughts anyone?

I have never viewed their auction site or software and I dare say they wouldnt be cheating as that is very very illegal, I would say it is just someone putting in a large max bid that was close to yours and hence the big jump.

By the way fake bids are called "Shill bids" or "shill bidding" I only really trust ebay these days

Yea was just thinking some joker has put in an auto bid that was higher than my initial bid but lower than my max auto bid, and the only bid showing was his high bid.

I do a fair bit of ebaying and regularly dob sellers in for bidding on their own items.

I am not saying this is what is happening at MWSE, but I have had a similar experience to yours.

Yesterday I put some decent bids on 3 items and was outbid on all three within 1 minute of my bids even though the items had over 3 hours to go. When I checked that bidders history they had 86% of all bids with the same seller and 92 positive feedbacks all from the same seller.

I usually only bid within the last 10 seconds if I can be online at close time.

Ebay has become an absolute joke over the last 2 years. I reckon I have had 5 sellers barred in that time, but they just open a new account and go again.

Hey Commander... picked up a signed jersey from the MWSE auctions. I was the only bidder - cost me $200 + $10 p&h.
The downside - it's costing me $350 to have it mounted and framed and then

.... straight to the Manly Room!

Mate I am after one of those game worn heritage jersey's so I can put it on and stretch it out and then parade around after Manly wins. 

CLIT COMMANDER link said:
Mate I am after one of those game worn heritage jersey's so I can put it on and stretch it out and then parade around after Manly wins. 

i got #3

they had the wrong name against it. i was the only bidder

Mybludog link said:
[quote author=CLIT COMMANDER link=topic=184875.msg287878#msg287878 date=1282986039]

i got #3

they had the wrong name against it. i was the only bidder
[/quote]

hey russ what did you end up paying for it?

Mybludog link said:
$250 shane.......starting price

trouble is, there's no way i can get it over my fat head...lol

mate i was bidding on Kitey's number 15; I didn't see what the final bid was but it went over $400.  You got value at $250!

mate i was bidding on Kitey's number 15; I didn't see what the final bid was but it went over $400.  You got value at $250!

CC - do you know roughly what the Kite jersey went for?

I put in an autobid last night on this and typical manlyseaeagles.com.au I haven't got any of the email notifications promised and the link they provided has zippo on it now.

Wondering whether I should be happy or not... :(

[quote author=Mybludog link=topic=184875.msg287993#msg287993 date=1283050972]
$250 shane.......starting price

yeah. they had Bailey's name against it !!!!!!!!!!!

trouble is, there's no way i can get it over my fat head...lol

[/quote]

ManlyBacker link said:
[quote author=CLIT COMMANDER link=topic=184875.msg288012#msg288012 date=1283056587]

CC - do you know roughly what the Kite jersey went for?

I put in an autobid last night on this and typical manlyseaeagles.com.au I haven't got any of the email notifications promised and the link they provided has zippo on it now.

Wondering whether I should be happy or not... :(
[/quote]

Mate that's the thing, auction expires and the item is removed so you don't know what it went for.  I was watching it at about 11.30 and it was $400, so it could have gone for more than that but we'll never know.

Thanks for replying CC. If you look at the site and how it works there are things that are supposed to happen (emails that you should receive immediately if your bid is exceeded, and within an hour of the auction closing if you got the item) that just didn't. So I still have NFI if I got the item. They tell you how it works but then that doesn't get followed. Do I now bid on the Foran one or forget it? It is just not good enough.

Mate if you don't know what the value is why would you bid on the next one?  That's what I'm thinking.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8