1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jeremy Smith Charge?

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Ralphie, Apr 15, 2013.

1. Ralphie

Ralphie Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Bredbo
    Ratings:
    +2,093 / 231
    Does anyone know if this grub was charged for the head slam?

2. master blaster

master blaster Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +674 / 4
    Jeremy Smith is OUT of the Anzac Test after being charged with grade 3 dangerous contact for a 'head slam'. Facing a 4-6 week suspension depending on the plea.,that from RLW on FB

3. Ralphie

Ralphie Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Bredbo
    Ratings:
    +2,093 / 231
    Just found it - Grade four dangerous contact - 4 weeks with an early guilty plea.

4. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    Deserves every week of the 4 weeks. Blatant forearm assisted head slam.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Sheikheagle

Sheikheagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +856 / 53
  6. Jethro

Jethro This space is for rent Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,897 / 7
    To be honest, I don't think that it was done on purpose. I think that the cause was more to do with the knights player who lifted the guy off of the ground. Smith wasn't even looking what was going on with Matt Robinson in the tackle at the time when he was trying to swing him over and then he even over balanced himself which did the damage.

[​IMG]

7. Sheikheagle

Sheikheagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +856 / 53
    I understand your point Jethro however this type of thing happens to frequently with this bloke and his mate Adam Blair

• Like Like x 2
  8. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    Jethro, you give him too much credit. Look at the way he forces his head down towards the ground and then for extra effect ensures that the bulk of his upper body weight is transferred to opponents head through a very hard and unforgiving elbow.

He deserves at least 4 weeks.

• Like Like x 1
  9. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,802 / 122
    Typical Jethro always trying to find some good in people :D

10. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    What about the other guy in the tackle? Is he on a charge? Seems to me he was the tackler who got the poor ball carryer above the horizontal.

11. strone33

strone33 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +373 / 29
    I think this is a completely BS charge! What a joke!

• Like Like x 2
  12. Jatz Crackers

Jatz Crackers Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,246 / 7
    Jethro. The bloke is ex storm. Should be castrated.

• Like Like x 1
  13. jbb/james

jbb/james Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +885 / 21

Thought the same. Looks worse than it was . I dont reckon he deserves a charge

14. voicefromthehill

voicefromthehill Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,235 / 9
    I look at it like a careless high tackle. Intent or not he got his arm around his head and drove it into the ground, he was not trying to lock the ball up.

15. Volley

Volley Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +581 / 21
    He's got his arm around his neck, and then puts his whole body into driving the head into the ground. He's a dirty, dirty player and deserves 8-10 weeks.

16. Jethro

Jethro This space is for rent Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,897 / 7
    I agree and I also think that it is a possibility that the way that the unknown Knights player picked him up and was then driving him into the ground, it could have ended with a bit of a head slam to Robinson even if Smith wasn't involved in the tackle.
    [hr]
    His hand starts off on Robinson's left shoulder but slips to around the neck as the unknown Knights player tips Robinson over to drive him into the ground.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    I was with Jethro initially when I saw it, but now I am not so sure now. I do think slow motion makes it look worse.

As for the dirty player part, well you can take the boy out of Christchurch, but can't take Christchurch out of the boy lol

18. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,802 / 122
    Jethro used to play for Storm? First I've heard of that.

19. jbb/james

jbb/james Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +885 / 21
    As the player below lifts the player, smith loses his resistance while he is creating force. As a result smith loses his balance toward the player and his forearm brushes his face in the fall.The natural arc of his fall due to his arm movement makes it look like its deliberate. Nothing in it

I didnt see the game, just watched the snippet above

• Like Like x 1
  20. Brissie Kid

Brissie Kid Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +829 / 10
    It's an interesting case. If the other tackler didn't lift the Panthers player then Smith wouldn't be in the trouble he is.