1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JB

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Stevo, May 29, 2011.

1. Stevo

Stevo Well-Known Member

NSW
    Ratings:
    +1,319 / 47
    Not sure if there is a thread about this already but does anyone know why Jamie Buhrer got bugger allgame time on friday night? Just Wondering? :exclamation:

2. Ralphie

Ralphie Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Bredbo
    Ratings:
    +2,093 / 231
    The suggestion is that he is being rested a little to freshen him up.

3. Brookvale

Brookvale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152 / 1
    the limited game time surprised me too.

Just shows that manly killed them with 16 players

4. manlyforever08

manlyforever08 Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    we killed it with 15 players - George went off after like 30mins and didn't return with a calf strain!

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It surprised me as well that he got so little game time. On reflection, he's been hard at it for a month, and alwasy goes full bore and he's only young. It would make sense, knowing Des, to not overuse him and thus cruscify the youngster. If I was a young up and coming player, that's exactly how I'd want to be introduced to this very tough competition.

6. Utility Player

Utility Player Well-Known Member

Lismore
    Ratings:
    +456 / 4
    I think it was because of the injury to Rose. TRex, Robinson and Joe got more time to compensate for the lack of a player of George's size.

Well it was either that or as some have said to keep him fresh but as we had the bye last week I don't see how that works.

7. eggson

eggson Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +239 / 2
    I'd also suggest the injuries to Rose and King being a factor, extra front row rotations etc

8. Jerry1

Jerry1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,470 / 80
    Des has a thing about not using the bench.
    He sits players on it all the time just to watch the game :)

9. Jatz Crackers

Jatz Crackers Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,242 / 7
    Close Jerry.............Des has the players sitting on the bench for his own perverted version of planking.

10. TokyoEagle

TokyoEagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 4
    What is he calling it, benching ?

11. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,338 / 60
    Triple plank with a half squat

12. ads

ads Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 1
    Someone said some theory they reckon Des has that players who are young need less game time after 5-6 weeks for a bit or they burn out too quick.

No idea if true or not.

13. fLIP

fLIP UFO Hunter

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +790 / 15
    Des brings a guy on for a 10 minute stint all the time. It has to be a tacktic.

Whether he thinks a fresh guy of the bench will give the added meters against a tiring defense late in the game that you need i dont know, but it happens far to often for there not to be a reason. Especially given rose being benched with an injury.

It would be interesting to see if the player coming on late slots into the ruck for the defense line, trying to help aleviate any lazy marker defense towards the end of the game due to fatigue.

Its probably more to do with not making changes to something thats already working.

14. Bradza

Bradza Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +490 / 6
    I think Des is doing this to ensure all players are getting enough game time under their belts. For a number of games, Robinson was the 18th man so wasn't getting any NRL or NSW cup game time. Over the last month he has given Joe, Vic and Jamie reduced game time in various weeks. I think this is to give some of the other bench players longer stints on the field. It helps to keep everyone ready for the charge home and to cover the rep season and any injuries.

15. bob dylan

bob dylan Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Junee
    Ratings:
    +4,402 / 130
    I thought this thread was about Justin Beiber

16. Stevo

Stevo Well-Known Member

NSW
    Ratings:
    +1,319 / 47
    I thought it may have just been to screw me in supercoach!