Jayden Hodges right at home at Manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
How Tooves uses Hodges is one of the things I'm most intrigued about as we head into the next season. Carrying another dummy half on the bench is a change in game plan and would indicate perhaps whilst we have a younger front row we might also have a more athletic/durable one and toovs might be happier to give those guys longer minutes instead of shorter stints. Can't wait.

HappilyManly said:
The gist is, are there squirrels in that Polar Vortex that you live in GE? :D

Speaking of Niagara falls.....

It froze over!

Well the american side...which is kinda the ugly side and the Canadian sides is much better and the one we usually see on tv and in movies.

http://www.news.com.au/world/north-america/niagara-falls-frozen-in-polar-vortex-that-battered-us-and-canada/story-fnh81jut-1226798785203

globaleagle said:
HappilyManly said:
The gist is, are there squirrels in that Polar Vortex that you live in GE? :D

Speaking of Niagara falls.....

It froze over!

Well the american side...which is kinda the ugly side and the Canadian sides is much better and the one we usually see on tv and in movies.

http://www.news.com.au/world/north-america/niagara-falls-frozen-in-polar-vortex-that-battered-us-and-canada/story-fnh81jut-1226798785203

Amazing images - but would hate to be there :D
I was cold in 21C water at DY on Sunday (lucky Wolfie walked by to get my heart rate back to normal :heart:)

Hope that alcohol is still fluid in that Polar Vortex :p

HappilyManly said:
Amazing images - but would hate to be there :D
I was cold in 21C water at DY on Sunday (lucky Wolfie walked by to get my heart rate back to normal :heart:)

Hope that alcohol is still fluid in that Polar Vortex :p

I've read stories about +21c water. wonder what it's like....?

In reality the polar vortex is happening on the other side of Canada so we're getting none of the dramas over here on the west coast, best coast.

I do have a plan b regarding alcohol....I can always switch to vodka, takes a bit to freeze that!

You should go say hi to wolfie! (though you probably do).

*insert on topic comment here...

Maybe it's the same at all clubs, but all of our new recruits mention how welcome they are made to feel and how professional the players work. I guess it should be no diff at other clubs but of course.....ours is true!

globaleagle said:
Maybe it's the same at all clubs, but all of our new recruits mention how welcome they are made to feel and how professional the players work. I guess it should be no diff at other clubs but of course.....ours is true!
My guess is that each club is distinctly different. Others (such as Storm) may be ultra professional, others may be friendly, but Manly's overall positive culture is probably unique in the game and that is reflected in our record. No wonder players are happy to come here.

Its the Peninsular Culture, strangers always say Hi as you walk around the beaches. :)
Its what I noticed when I moved here a few decades back, along with the relaxed attitude to life in general.

God's Country for sure !

SeaEagleRock8 said:
My guess is that each club is distinctly different. Others (such as Storm) may be ultra professional, others may be friendly, but Manly's overall positive culture is probably unique in the game and that is reflected in our record. No wonder players are happy to come here.

That's what I wanted to say but I was too scared that (posters deleted) would post that "they'd say the same at all clubs." - you know how they are.

HappilyManly said:
Its the Peninsular Culture, strangers always say Hi as you walk around the beaches. :)
Its what I noticed when I moved here a few decades back, along with the relaxed attitude to life in general.

God's Country for sure !

Pffft, there's no relaxed lifestyle in Sydney!!!!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6