Jatz, Des and The Experiment

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Whos lineup would you choose to start 2010

• a) Jatz Pick

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • b) Des Pick

• c) Experimental

• Total voters

Jatz Crackers

First Grader
Its the off season. Go ahead & vote your choice:

a) Jatz' Pick
1. Stewart
2. Robbo
3. Lyon
4. Mattai
5. Wolfman
6. Foran
7. Hodkinson
8. King
9. Ballin
10. Perry
11. Watmough
12. Galavao
13. Gift

14. Seu Seu
15. Kite
16. Rose
17. T Williams

b) Dessies Pick
1. Stewart
2. Robbo
3. Farrar
4. Mattai
5. Wolfman
6. Lyon
7. Foran
8. Kite
9. Ballin
10. Perry
11. Watmough
12. Rodney
13. Gift

14. Seu Seu
15. King
16. Rose
17. Galavao

c) The Experiment
1. Stewart
2. Robbo
3. Farrar
4. Mattai
5. Hopoate
6. Lyon
7. Hodkinson
8. Perry
9. Ballin
10. King
11. Watmough
12. T Williams
13. Gift

14. Foran
15. Rose
16. Cross
17. Galavao

You're obviously not a Bailey fan. And I'm not so sure Seu Seu is a walk up start for any side.

Des's team is the best by a mile, although see note above.

none of the above

Mine for the sake of arguement

1. Stewart
2. Robbo
3. Lyon
4. Mattai
5. Wolfman
6. Foran
7. Hodkinson
8. Kite
9. Ballin
10. Perry
11. Watmough
12. Baily
13. Stewart

14. Seu Seu
15. King
16. Rose
17. Galavao or T Williams or Rodney

Chip & Chase link said:
You're obviously not a Bailey fan. And I'm not so sure Seu Seu is a walk up start for any side.

Des's team is the best by a mile, although see note above.

Ive lost a fair bit of confidence in Bailey, although if I had to have him in he could potentially go in Jatz' #17 or Dessies #12 or 17.

If Seux2 shows the zip & defence he has in the past Im looking forward to seeing that sort of up tempo change late in each half.

Dessies is good but I do want to see my halves combo and I am hoping that Williams will turn out to be a fantastic addtion to the bench coming on to replace Galavao.

Of course all is tempered by the theoretical nature of things at this early pre season stage.

Jatz Crackers link said:
[quote author=The Wheel link=topic=182100.msg246664#msg246664 date=1259624983]
Can you add none of the above?

Is T-Rex & Lyon at pivot your sticking point
[/quote]

Your team without TRex

Des's pick will be close to the mark for the first few games unless hodkinson can shine in the trials. 

I still keep hearing rumours that he is not happy at manly and has already asked for a release.  It would be a shame if we lose him particularly before we can resign Foran.

tookey link said:
Des's pick will be close to the mark for the first few games unless hodkinson can shine in the trials. 

I still keep hearing rumours that he is not happy at manly and has already asked for a release.  It would be a shame if we lose him particularly before we can resign Foran.

why would he be unhappy, he may be getting his chance and there are no other clubs needing a half atm

The Wheel link said:
[quote author=Jatz Crackers link=topic=182100.msg246666#msg246666 date=1259625212]
[quote author=The Wheel link=topic=182100.msg246664#msg246664 date=1259624983]
Can you add none of the above?

Is T-Rex & Lyon at pivot your sticking point
[/quote]

Your team without TRex
[/quote]

Well yes. The chance of him actually being there is remote i agree. But I have him there as a wish list pick. If he could become a damagaing 2rower replacing what Hall used to do i would be happy. His attack might improve in the off season but his defense will most likely let me/Des down.

Any chance....ANYYYYYY chance !!

01. Brett Stewart
02. Michael Robertson
03. Steve Matai
04. Jamie Lyon
05. David Williams
06. Keiran Foran
07. Trent Hodkinson
08. Jason King
09. Matt Ballin
10. George Rose
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Shane Rodney
13. Glenn Stewart

14. Terrence Seu Seu
15. Brent Kite
16. Josh Perry
17. Joe Galuvao

18. Ben Farrar
19. Chris Bailey
20. Tony Williams
21. Matt Cross
22. William Hopoate

BErKeLEy_eAgLe link said:
[quote author=tookey link=topic=182100.msg246687#msg246687 date=1259632866]

why would he be unhappy, he may be getting his chance and there are no other clubs needing a half atm
[/quote]

Because he is a Parra boy at heart and knows that des is going to put Foran in at half and Lyon to 5/8.    He also thinks that he is a chance at FG half at parra because he is better than Robson.

tookey link said:
[quote author=BErKeLEy_eAgLe link=topic=182100.msg246690#msg246690 date=1259634332]

[/quote]

Because he is a Parra boy at heart and knows that des is going to put Foran in at half and Lyon to 5/8.    He also thinks that he is a chance at FG half at parra because he is better than Robson.
[/quote]

If thats the case Des had better go with my Yart.

I still cant see why we cant go with Hodko & Foran in the halves considering the experienced teammates that would surround them.

Because you don't want two inexperienced players handling the ball 90% of the time in attack if you don't have to. Who here has seen Hodgkinson play NRL footy yet ? No one, yet we are led to believe that he will kill it on the basis of what ? A QRL premiership ? Didn't T-Rex win man of the match in that game or something, and Shane Neumann carved it up as well. That's how good a yardstick it is.

Foran and Lyon is the most sensible halves pairing. I'm all for Hodkinson been given a go if he has got the goods, but let's have a look at him in the trials first, or something, before we start christening him the next Andrew Johns.

Jatz Crackers link said:
[quote author=tookey link=topic=182100.msg246706#msg246706 date=1259643805]
[quote author=BErKeLEy_eAgLe link=topic=182100.msg246690#msg246690 date=1259634332]

[/quote]

[/quote]

If thats the case Des had better go with my Yart.

I still cant see why we cant go with Hodko & Foran in the halves considering the experienced teammates that would surround them.
[/quote]

Because des is risk adverse and won't play a half back in first grade who has not played first grade before.  It is a huge jump in quality from the qld cup to FG. 

Ryan link said:
Any chance....ANYYYYYY chance !!

01. Brett Stewart
02. Michael Robertson
03. Steve Matai
04. Jamie Lyon
05. David Williams
06. Keiran Foran
07. Trent Hodkinson
08. Jason King
09. Matt Ballin
10. George Rose
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Shane Rodney
13. Glenn Stewart

14. Terrence Seu Seu
15. Brent Kite
16. Josh Perry
17. Joe Galuvao

18. Ben Farrar
19. Chris Bailey
20. Tony Williams
21. Matt Cross
22. William Hopoate
Now that's the team I would love to see run out for the first trial. If the halves click I see that as a really well balanced side.
Unfortunately Ryan I think it will be the Foran/Lyon conservative approach, and we may rue the loss of Hodkinson back to Parra.

Chip & Chase link said:
Because you don't want two inexperienced players handling the ball 90% of the time in attack if you don't have to. Who here has seen Hodgkinson play NRL footy yet ? No one, yet we are led to believe that he will kill it on the basis of what ? A QRL premiership ? Didn't T-Rex win man of the match in that game or something, and Shane Neumann carved it up as well. That's how good a yardstick it is.

Foran and Lyon is the most sensible halves pairing. I'm all for Hodkinson been given a go if he has got the goods, but let's have a look at him in the trials first, or something, before we start christening him the next Andrew Johns.

I didnt see anyone say Hodko was going to "kill it". And who was Christening him the next Andrew Johns ??  And who said we cant see him in the trials first ?

Over the top defense of a position, C&C.

C&C

Who has seen Foran play half back at any club level?

No one yet we are led to believe he will kill it on the basis of what? A few solid games in the NRL spending good chunks of it at centre in attack? Didnt Robson lose his job to Hodkinson then end up playing in the grand final or something?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6