Jason Taylor to Coach Eels for rest of the Season

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Don't worry Robbie we would take the ban off, Ryan deserves everything he gets when he talks up Norths

old turnstile taylor, tell me, take away the goal kicking, where would he rank in the line of Manly half backs of the last 20 years ?

Id take Monaghan any day.

I think a position at Souths is the perfect spot for him as he dissapears into coaching oblivioun.

Jason Taylor was always an inspirational leader who lead by example ON the field. I would expect him to continue that leadership off the field as well (SCG incident not withstanding). I wish him all the best. It would be great to see him in a coaching role at Manly.

Too bad he only made one Grand Final and then choked when he made it there?

No self-respecting Manly fan would choose Taylor over Toovey as the half-back of the 1990s.

Agreed...I'd take Toovey - he's my all time favourite player..even AS a Bears supporter at the time !!!

JT went ok...

As i've said i was a norths supporter... Ryan, Ikin sucked arse..

The only reason we (as a north supporter) went anywhere (i.e Made the semi finals consistantly) is because we had an awesome forward pack (larsen, fairleigh, moore etc).. Greg Florimo was awesome in the halves and JT would convert any try we scored.

JT was ok... Best players at norths were the forwards and Flo

sorry ryan ,i couldnt help myself ,please dont ban me as i have the tipping comp to win .this is silvertails isnt it ??,not mse.

Taylor started at Wests, so not really a Norths "find". Could kick goals but will hardly be remembered as one of the great halfbacks of the 90's.

Did like to organise the odd player BBQ so he could "discuss" the coach's performance. Be funny if he found himself in the same boat now that the shoe is on the other foot.

sorry ryan ,i couldnt help myself ,please dont ban me as i have the tipping comp to win .this is silvertails isnt it ??,not mse.

I know...no problems...Just a quick one...

Do you like sex and travel????

THEN F*** OFF !!!!! Hehehehe

Kidding dockmaster....have another swipe of the ol' curtain...

Did like to organise the odd player BBQ so he could \"discuss\" the coach's performance. Be funny if he found himself in the same boat now that the shoe is on the other foot.

Thank you, Chip & Chase! You've cleared those memories.

Arguably Norths best ever coach (only competitor is the coach that won their last premiership in 1923) was Peter Louis.

He took a Bears team whose supporters club held their AGM in the telephone box outside the club, and took them to 5 successive finals series (1994-98).

Dally M coach of the year in 1994. To my knowledge the only North Sydney coach to ever win such an award.

JT reached the pinacle of his career under his coaching, winning the 96 Rothman's medal by being the competition's top point scorer that year. Achieved through a dominant forward pack that made JT look good.

JT organised a players' BBQ to discuss how to "thank" Peter Louis for this unprecedented success and personal glory.

Under JT's leadership, the Bears finished 14th that year, and then the NE thought that was the kind of leadership they liked.

I'm sure Peter Louis would appreciate the favour being returned to JT one day.

When the going gets tough, I'm sure JT will organise another BBQ. I'm sure everyone at Parra & then Souths will be keen to know whether they are on the invite list.

Maybe he'll do everyone at Parra a favour and arrange a BBQ for FitzGerald.

yeah he and Sterlo are great mates NOT!!!

BBQs are good out the EEls way, overlooking that strip of sludge and sewer they call a river. Apparantly Piggy and young Smith look after the Grog!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4