Jason King

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
Always an interesting bloke to review on this site, so time for another one, he seems to be a love him or hate him kind of player

How is everyone rating his season ?

Personally, I think he has been very good. His Blue jersey was earnt and he has been quite consistent throughout the year.

With the C beside his names I think we have seen more aggression from him and he has been trying to lead from the front in the pack. Carts the ball up hard and tackles hard as well

A couple of examples of that are in the last 2 games. Late in the Warriors game he came flying out to put a shot on, and forced a turnover we converted into a win. Yesterday, the leagues newest Hitman Mose Masoe ran the ball up, and King went looking for him, put a good one on, and again forced an error. I liked the intent in the hit and the message it was sending

Look in my opinon King's just a good solid first grader who tries his guts out each week. Occasionally he turns in a "standout" performance but he has limited ability and is certainly not an Origin standard prop.

Eagle Eyed Cherry link said:
Look in my opinon King's just a good solid first grader who tries his guts out each week. Occasionally he turns in a \"standout\" performance but he has limited ability and is certainly not an Origin standard prop.

He's the best ball playing prop in our team & one of the best in the league. Can't see how anyone can be critical of his ability.

This is his best year. He deserved the SOO call up and was not disgraced by any means. He'll be added to the Kangaroos train on squad but assume if fit they'll take Petero, Shillington, probably Learoyd and Weyman or one other Queenslander.

I have never been a huge fan of his, but I think he has taken it to another level this year.  The captaincy certainly agrees with him, and it's always extra special to see a local junior doing well.

He certainly showed Mushe Masoe that he is still the king of the props yesterday.  And next time we play the roosters he will show the hymenator Hargraves who is the best prop in the comp.    

Along with Kite he is carrying the other 2 props this season.  Love his skinny little chicken legs as well.  Go Kingman.  

I can't think of too many I'd put in front of him for a blue or gold jersey.
Has tried hard this season - plenty of heart.

I think all our forwards this season were a bit up & down. A bit like yesterdays match.

Eagle Eyed Cherry link said:
Look in my opinon King's just a good solid first grader who tries his guts out each week. Occasionally he turns in a \"standout\" performance but he has limited ability and is certainly not an Origin standard prop.

Couldn't agree more.

He is a NSW origin standard prop, Qld is a different storey. Its not like we have many props jumping out demanding to be picked.  Douglas and Snowden have potential but they are not better than King at this stage imo.

Definitely more aggression in his game this year, whether that is something to do with the Captaincy I don't know. Not sure I'd class him as representative standard as he still gets smashed quite often on hit ups and doesn't have the leg drive required to be top line. Still, he has had a good crack this year and has tried hard, good luck to him for getting an Origin gig maybe it'll inspire him to bigger things next year. 

Had a great year. Still wish he would get his arse off the tackled player so we get less penalties though. He has shown more agression this year and is one of our best.

Kiwi Eagle link said:
Always an interesting bloke to review on this site, so time for another one, he seems to be a love him or hate him kind of player

How is everyone rating his season ?

Personally, I think he has been very good. His Blue jersey was earnt and he has been quite consistent throughout the year.

With the C beside his names I think we have seen more aggression from him and he has been trying to lead from the front in the pack. Carts the ball up hard and tackles hard as well

A couple of examples of that are in the last 2 games. Late in the Warriors game he came flying out to put a shot on, and forced a turnover we converted into a win. Yesterday, the leagues newest Hitman Mose Masoe ran the ball up, and King went looking for him, put a good one on, and again forced an error. I liked the intent in the hit and the message it was sending

Very good summation KE and I agree 100% with it.

I think he has been a solid player all year, albeit he has made an error or two but he can be forgiven for that.

very good season.easily our best prop and the last 2 games were great.well done.captaincy has kicked him up a gear.

He used to be a very frustrating footballer for me to watch and truthfully a few seasons back I felt he did deserve the moniker of Princess.
But credit where credit's due, the guy has really matured into a player that can hold his own in any 1st grade props company.
Well done Kingy !

Has played very well this year pity some of his prop mates couldn't say the same. We cant carry Rose with his lack of fitness if he doesnt shape up next year he never will. Kite has been ok for the 2nd half of the season and Perry was good till he hit origin and signed to go overseas.
Speaking of the hyphenator JWH. What an appallling lack of vision and experience to have let this guy go. The people involved in not resigning this guy need to resign immediately.We keep jokes like Bailey, sign hacks like Cross, has beens Galuvao and Perry and let this talent go. Not the once proud and mighty club we used to be.

mickqld link said:
Has played very well this year pity some of his prop mates couldn't say the same. We cant carry Rose with his lack of fitness if he doesnt shape up next year he never will. Kite has been ok for the 2nd half of the season and Perry was good till he hit origin and signed to go overseas.
Speaking of the hyphenator JWH. What an appallling lack of vision and experience to have let this guy go. The people involved in not resigning this guy need to resign immediately.We keep jokes like Bailey, sign hacks like Cross, has beens Galuvao and Perry and let this talent go. Not the once proud and mighty club we used to be.
y

Mate have you ever thought that the club did try to keep JWH but the roosters simply pushed the amount too high?

I was all for keeping JWH, fantastic player & always came across as a top bloke, but there's no point in paying overs for a bloke & hamstringing the club for the next 3-4 years.

There'll be plenty more JWHs & Tasi's, we just have to take the opportunities when presented (like we did with Foran, Hokko, DCE & co.)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4