Jason King suspended for shoulder charge

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
hairylittlehobbit said:
Why do you risk a longer suspension if you fight it rather than take the early guilty plea? Seem stupid to me
You are taking up people's time. Same as most judicial systems

Jason King will miss the GF rematch v @sydneyroosters after accepting the early guilty plea for a G1 Shoulder Charge: http://t.co/9JfHye00zG

Berkeley_Eagle said:
Jason King will miss the GF rematch v @sydneyroosters after accepting the early guilty plea for a G1 Shoulder Charge: http://t.co/9JfHye00zG

Im disappointed by this. I thought we would have fought it.

The judiciary system needs an overhaul. All judicial systems are adversarial in Australia so why is it the nrl judiciary is guilty until proven innocent.

Basically these days if you get a charge your screwed. Its not fair. Espically woth shoulder charges.

yup, it's not as if we aren't used to playing without him. worth fighting i reckon.

edit: crikey I forgot what I was going to say.......

oh yeah.... surely he didn't have any carry over points???? He hasn't played in 2 years!!

@Eagles2nv You misunderstand. It is a charge, similar to if the cops charge you. If you go to court you can plead guilty, same here.

globaleagle said:
yup, it's not as if we aren't used to playing without him. worth fighting i reckon.
I'd say an extra week rehab won't hurt him, otherwise we probably would have argued the charge. Gives Hasson and JSL another chance to enhance their reputations, it's all good for this time of year.

I misunderstand nothing!

edit: Hasson seems to really go for it the 3 mins per game he gets. I know in 2v we trust....but his interchange usage......!

hairylittlehobbit said:
Why do you risk a longer suspension if you fight it rather than take the early guilty plea? Seem stupid to me

Especially when he is guilty, and should of been penalised.

This just shows how inconsistent the NRL judiciary really is. Teo gets penalised and put on report for a shoulder charge, and he's free to play this weekend. King wasn't penalised or put on report by the refs yet he ends up being suspended for a week.

How does that work? Especially when the player who did shoulder charge gets off and the one who didn't gets a week. I say didn't because at least King was attempting to wrap his right arm around the Parramatta player for a tackle.

If the NRL are going to call that a shoulder charge then they'll have players getting suspended for it every week because that type of hit happens often in every game.

He got suspended for putting a clean and strong shot on a Parra player resulting in a momentum shift to us in a tight game.

If it wasn't already official, the NRL administration is officially a joke.

So, we are not allowed to turn the game in our favour with some good, clean, hard and tough defence. You have got to be kidding.

I know it's current policy not to plea charges, but surely someone in our club has to publicly or privately tell the NRL to pick up its game.

They are a joke!

Saw Kingy's " hit " again tonight...fair dinkum embarrassing to miss a game for that! Even Paul Kent said they got that wrong!!

G Burgess almost takes Tedesco's head off...FREE TO PLAY......Kingdog stands in front of a man and executes a moderate hit to the chest...ONE GAME.

It was barely worth a penalty even in the current climate, and it was just good luck Tedesco wasn't injured in the clash with Burgess.

Seriously would a player miss a GF or an Origin game for the same hit. What a f***ing joke. If Burgess could get off for his hit why didn't Manly challenge it. utter garbage decision.

mickqld said:
Seriously would a player miss a GF or an Origin game for the same hit. What a f***ing joke. If Burgess could get off for his hit why didn't Manly challenge it. utter garbage decision.

Worst thing about all of this was I was looking forward to Kingy taking it to JWH. The old Bull who has been out for a couple of years versus the fat pup who has become a little too arrogant for his own boots.

I remember after JWH left Manly and he was playing for the Roosters vs us at Brooky and he had a go at Kitey after a tackle…Kingy saw this and ran straight in and grabbed him laughing like don't you even try it as we have you covered.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8