Jason King suspended for shoulder charge

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Contrary to all the laws of natural justice, he's better off taking an early guilty plea - even if the charge is bogus - rather than risking two weeks out of the game. Tooves has mentioned this before: the system is ridiculous. And there needs to be an investigation…

HappilyManly said:
Lord Eagleton said:
If jarryd hayne doesn't get charged for some kind of misconduct re his post match comments then the NRL is a joke. I already know it's a joke even if they do charge him, but anyway, what do we expect when we have biased morons running the game

Unbelievably the NRL just said that as he didn't question their integrity, a reprimand will suffice :huh:

JT stated as a matter of fact that there is a Conspiracy against Them - no penalty :huh:

2v asked 'are these the best referees in the game?' and was fined $10k. Plus this year a Coach who critiques a Ref can cost his Team match points :mad:

Time to hang up our season tickets and yell at the telly for free from next year I think :dodgy:

so you would punish the club for the nrl's incompetence:s

Its a business, diminish the quality and you lose your customer base :cool:

MWSE is privately owned, so punishment doesn't come into it. Their Marketing just needs to keep moving away from the grass roots to satisfy their model :sleepy:

The Eagle Has Landed said:
Game is turning into soccer it's bloody embarrassing.

I disagree. In soccer, you get penalised for faking a foul. They call it simulation. In the NRL, you get a penalty and a free interchange.

Half these guys wouldn't last 5 minutes in the 70's.

Can you imagine Igor or Blocker staying down like that ? His teammates would start in with the "Does you husband play too ?" jibes.

Gee that's pretty tough to be looking at 2 weeks for that contact. It looked to me that there was an attempt to wrap an arm.

Looks like Kingy will never get to 200 games.

The way to judge the severity of a shoulder charge is a simple test:

Would it have made the promo for State of Origin a couple of years ago?:(

Seriously though, whatever happened to contact to head as the main criteria, a rule that everyone accepts.

TBH from the replay I saw it looked like both shoulder charged each other (if you didn't know one was carrying the ball). And King did attempt to wrap his right arm around for a tackle.

To be suspended a week for something like that is a joke. Is this a contact sport or are they playing Aus Tag? King gets a week for that, while most of the Souffs players (other than Grub brother George) who went head hunting against the Tigers on Friday night get off and are free to play this week.

Dont forget Gavet
he got charged with a grade 1 detrimental conduct and with an early plea he is free to play

that looked deliberate to me

Zero info on all the Manly Social Media and web pages :huh:

Snippet in the Manly Daily that Gifty not cited, but again no mention of Kingy :dodgy:

MRC letting the head hunters off is equally mystifying :mad:

Totally agree with all concerns here.

Technically they could get Kingy for shoulder contact, hence a shoulder-charge, but where's the common-sense??

Seriously feel the game is rapidly losing it's way.

The club better fight this. With a depleted engine room we are no chance against the chooks.

Nothing wrong with the hit, his right arm was wrapping around!!

Teo got sweet FA yet they ping us? What a surprise!

Club better fight this and use the Teo one as evidence

A shoulder charge should be just a penelty nothing more unless it hits the head

Watto1972 said:
Poor discipline from Kingy. He's a senior member of the leadership group and should know the new rules.

Rubbish. Nothing in it. No-one at the ground noticed anything wrong, including the referees. On TV replay it was just described as a solid collision.

Who is going through these video tapes of each match? It would be so easy to have an agenda against a player/team and continually put them on trumped-up charges. This is one of them.

The club should fight this charge.

To not incur a penalty for this "alleged" offense during the game and then cop a suspension afterwards shows just how badly our game is being officiated. Players and fans deserve better!

Furthermore, the judiciary review system needs to be completely overhauled - the whole early guilty plea or risk further penalty makes no sense. Players put their heart and soul into each and every game (while risking their wellbeing), and deserve the right to plead their case without risking further punishment. C'mon Toovey, lets have our investigation!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4