Jason King suspended for shoulder charge

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Brissie Kid

Bencher
https://twitter.com/berniecoen/status/447966131064553472

Bernie Coen ‏@berniecoen 3m

@manlyseaeagles Jason King facing a one match ban with an early plea or two game ban if he fights it and fails #NRL #TenNews

https://twitter.com/NRL/status/447964091131260928

NRL ‏@NRL 14m

#NRL CHARGES: Jason King Gd 1 Shoulder Charge on Peni Terepo. Facing 1-2 matches.

What???????

Does he mean Gifty :huh:

Either way it seems incredible :dodgy:

Only Gifty and Rad were on report - the MRC is kidding :mad:

Can't recall the king tackle, but only one of the souths Merkin's got suspended, and they were illegally tackling all over the joint.

There is no consistency in the games officialdom at all. Fix it.

I think I remember it from the game - they cut back to a slow motion replay of a good hit from 2 or 3 defenders on a different angle & there was a slight shoulder lead by King. If the director of channel 9 doesn't show replay it doesn't get picked up probably cause it didn't look like anything unusual in the run, other than solid contact.

Just found it 45:44 BJ and King on Terepo.
King is second man in, has left arm bent and hits his bicep into the bicep of the Parra guy.

Just like Teo on SBW - no charge, Manly needs to contest this.

Commentators called it a clash :cool:

HappilyManly said:
Just found it 45:44 BJ and King on Terepo.
King is second man in, has left arm bent and hits his bicep into the bicep of the Parra guy.

Just like Teo on SBW - no charge, Manly needs to contest this.

Commentators called it a clash :cool:

On that description makes it hard to work out why it was added to the judiciary sheet. Wasn't even hit in the head. And if it was a clash why aren't both players on suspensions? Is the tackler's head less worth saving?

Pathetic, just absolutely pathetic. There was no shoulder charge, there was no contact to the head. Green**** must have been watching the Ch 9 replay yesterday.

See what happens when you put a banker in charge of the NRL.

He is just interested in making a profit each year but has no idea what he is doing except stuffing everything up

If jarryd hayne doesn't get charged for some kind of misconduct re his post match comments then the NRL is a joke. I already know it's a joke even if they do charge him, but anyway, what do we expect when we have biased morons running the game

I remember the tackle and thought the view from the box would bring it back for a penalty. He wraps his right arm so no problem in my opinion

Yeah I remember seeing that tackle. There was definitely arm movement in that tackle.

What a joke. Manly need to contest that. Seems these tacklea anything perceived as a shoulder charge seea you suspended.

We need king aggression against the chooks

Lord Eagleton said:
If jarryd hayne doesn't get charged for some kind of misconduct re his post match comments then the NRL is a joke. I already know it's a joke even if they do charge him, but anyway, what do we expect when we have biased morons running the game

Unbelievably the NRL just said that as he didn't question their integrity, a reprimand will suffice :huh:

JT stated as a matter of fact that there is a Conspiracy against Them - no penalty :huh:

2v asked 'are these the best referees in the game?' and was fined $10k. Plus this year a Coach who critiques a Ref can cost his Team match points :mad:

Time to hang up our season tickets and yell at the telly for free from next year I think :dodgy:

The game is so soft now, If King is done for a shoulder charge that was the same one that Teo got away with in round 1 its now a farce.

Also when Mui Mui Foi Foi did his academy award impression when he was tackled ball and all by Gifty, for that to be a penalty is an insult to every tough guy thats played the game, Mui Mui has gone right down in my estimation of being a tough guy.

We now have a situation where coaches instruct players to stay down so that they get a guy on report and get an extra inter change. Its like Italian soccer, dive fest and a bloody sham.!!

I'd like to see some honesty in the game, like the other week with the soccer player who got up and refused the penalty because he wasn't fouled he fell.

Would be great to see a player either turn down the penalty or drop the ball deliberately to give possession back to the opposition. Problem is that's not on the gen y players minds, it's not about fair play anymore it's about faking injuries and acting. It's so horribly soft

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2