Jason king gone for the season

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

slickster71

Reserve Grader
It just been reported at Half time that kingy has torn his pectral mussle which would put him out for the season.

test will confirm that tomorrow

2GB actually said that Hoppa is just precautionary (from the team itself), and that Jason King will have scans to see the "extent" of the injury.

EDIT: How good was it to see Anasta yanked. That right there will destroy any chemistry in a club. We got Chris Anderson sacked at The Rorters. Wonder if we can chase Brian Smith out of town.

Man I loved it that day that Brian Smith spun around on his chair, and couldn't watch us calve them up ! Priceless

With all due rerspect to Jason King I dont think he's been playing all that well since his injury prior to origin 1. It looks like he's been playing injured since then and if we want to win this premiership we cant carry players who are struggling. It may just be a blessing to lose him now rather than just prior to finals. I'd love to see Lussick given the gig and have time to get solid game time prior to finals. He is big, strong, fast and young, exactly what we need up front to balance the older guys Kite and Big Joe.Would give us so much more mobility up front rather than Vic who is too much like George.

Anyone who doesn't think that Kingy is a massive loss needs to stop drinking the haterade.

Really hoping that the leader of our pack can make it back for the finals.

King is no big loss in the scheme of things, there are 5 or 6 players that would derail our title hopes if we lost them....King in current form isn't one of them. We've got adequate replacements.

Wolfpack said:
Anyone who doesn't think that Kingy is a massive loss needs to stop drinking the haterade.

Really hoping that the leader of our pack can make it back for the finals.

Fully fit I agree Wolfpack but he has been playing injured for most of the season and we cant afford to keep carrying that sort of player up front. He hasnt been nearly as effective as he was early in the season. Injuries happen and I dont think this one will derail us as much as some think.

There is a big drop-off in talent from Kingy to first drop (whoever you think it may be, Mauro/Robinson/Lussick/Harold Matts winger) & I doubt they can fill his boots even if he was playing injured.

Luckily it is our second strongest position (after backrow) so we can fill it, but still a big loss nonetheless.

Jason King looks to be out for season with torn pectoral muscle. Matai, shoulder burn & Hoppa slight h/string strain #gomanly

What is shoulder burn?

Wolfpack said:
There is a big drop-off in talent from Kingy to first drop (whoever you think it may be, Mauro/Robinson/Lussick/Harold Matts winger) & I doubt they can fill his boots even if he was playing injured.

Luckily it is our second strongest position (after backrow) so we can fill it, but still a big loss nonetheless.

Lol what? Prop's our weakest position at full strength.

Plenty of depth in the backrow and in the outside backs. Not so much up front.

King hasn't been doing much. Bring Lussick in. Give him plenty of game time. It's a loss, but I'd rather lose King than Foran, the Stewart's, DCE, Lyon, Watmough or Ballin.

King is a big loss.You don't want blokes who have played 2 games at prop in semi final/GF football,regardless of their future potential.Kite and Rose have been pretty good this year but it's not like we have a few Matt Scott's running around at prop atm.He is a GF winning prop with nice memories of demolishing the scum and we will miss him if he is out.

FFS we may as well forfiet the rest of the season. No disrespect to Jason but someone will cover his position in the same way as if anyone wlse was injured.

Volley said:
Wolfpack said:

Lol what? Prop's our weakest position at full strength.

Plenty of depth in the backrow and in the outside backs. Not so much up front.

King hasn't been doing much. Bring Lussick in. Give him plenty of game time. It's a loss, but I'd rather lose King than Foran, the Stewart's, DCE, Lyon, Watmough or Ballin.

Not really; Robinson, Mauro, Cunningham, Cross, Lussick can all fill in there. We're not struggling for depth, we're struggling for quality after the first couple. It's not exacty a position of weakness with regards to depth.

King is very underrated on these boards, at least by everyone not called Duff or Kingyfan.

King is a loss.. any player in the starting side is..but if we were to lose a few.. he would be my pick rather than Brett or Lyon or Ballin or G Stewart or Choc etc.

The way we play.. despite not having depth at prop.. is our backrowers are always leading the hitups and metre stats. Choc Guluvao Buhrer G Stewart etc.

Our backrowers are our real 'props'. We play a different game and it is why our actual props dont make as many metres as other sides as they see far less ball because Choc n Co are taking the hit ups more often.

We have depth to cover Kingy.. i think we lose more of his leadership and experience rather than what he actually does on the field.

8. Rose
9. Ballin
10. Kite
11. Choc
12. Rodney
13. Stewart

14. Buhrer
15. T Rex
16. Guluvao (prop rotation)
17. Mauro/Lussick etc.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts