Jason King DUI

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Could I ask you guys this though. If you had the opportunity to play around 10-12 years of professional footy, earning a very, very tidy packet, and you actually had the skill and potential to maybe play representative football, and your team had chance of making a Grand Final, would you sustain from both drugs and alcohol, or would you just let loose evey now and again?

I know the choice I'd make. I'm not saying the other choice is particularly wrong either.

I've just seen Jason King stumble out of the Steyne in Manly, and literally stumble into a cab, at CLOSING which I think is about 2, the night before game day !!!

I just don't think that's a value add to the club he plays for, or the sponsors who inject money into the club.

That said, he had a very good game the next day (against Souths at Nth Sydney I think a few years ago).

BUT, if he has improved out of site and is on the turps like this, imagine if he was completely OFF the turps.

I hope role models like Kite / Cuthbertson (modern) / Afamasaga rub off on the guys.

It's a small window of opportunity for these young kids...I just hope they look back when they are 35, and think they made the most of it. Or will they look back and think...if I wasn't hurting so much that day, I may have played a hell of a lot better,

And Dan, soon for BBQ...and yeah - we can get smashed.

He had a cab waiting to take him home and was just moving his car (I assume to a more well lit area) when he was caught, nothing in it.

Sure he did. not a bad defense though he still broke the law

it doesn't take much to get from .05 to .08.

Not condoning it, the law was broken, but it is not a huge deal, just a simple mistake that hopefully he learns by.

I've just seen Jason King stumble out of the Steyne in Manly, and literally stumble into a cab, at CLOSING which I think is about 2, the night before game day !!!

That said, he had a very good game the next day (against Souths at Nth Sydney I think a few years ago).

BUT, if he has improved out of site and is on the turps like this, imagine if he was completely OFF the turps.

I hope role models like Kite / Cuthbertson (modern) / Afamasaga rub off on the guys.

It's a small window of opportunity for these young kids...I just hope they look back when they are 35, and think they made the most of it. Or will they look back and think...if I wasn't hurting so much that day, I may have played a hell of a lot better,

And Dan, soon for BBQ...and yeah - we can get smashed.

Actually Kingy plays his best when he is still pissed or has been knocked out in the first 5 minutes of the game. :drunk:

not a huge deal??

tell that to the people who have been knocked over by drink drivers, or some yuo might struggle because they are dead.

It is a big deal, just one that didnt have consequences n this occasion.

Flip I am not condoning the drink driving, he will cop whatever penalty and he deserves it. I was just saying I dont have a issue with a player have a few drinks even if he is our injured provided he is doing the right rehab.

Sorry mate, I wasn't actually replying to your comment.

I think .08 isn't really that bad considering he was apparently just moving his car.

My comment was more that laws are laws. .08 doesn't seem bad but you gotta set a limit somewhere.

Dumb **** for being caught is his biggest lesson from this.

Fro, I dare say not many people have been struck down and killed from a bloke who's 1 drink overt he limit in a car park.

how many is not many flip? 1, 5, 10. All of those are too many wouldn't you think?

.08 is hardly 1 drink too many for a 100kg plus man.

He was moving his car while a taxi was waiting.

Your co-ordination is not badly affected enough to **** up at .08.

I would have a problem if he was caught driving home but come on. He was doing the right thing. He just didn't want his car vandalised.

I am with Fro. I have been done for DUI, and I blew exactly .085.

Flip, if you think your judgement is not affected at that level you are kidding yourself.

As for how much he had to drink, lets put it this way. To be booked at 2am and blow .08, assuming he started drinking at 8-9pm, he would have needed to have at least 6 beers.

They dont just take your reading and thats it, they take your reading and if you are over, they make you wait 15 minutes then take it again. If you are still over the limit, then they take you to the station and check you AGAIN, on a proper machine. This entire process can take anywhere up to an hour, eliminating the chance that you maybe just knocked over a few in quick succession.

Regardless of what he was doing, or what his excuse was, he deserves whatever he gets.

let me rephrase that Matt, I meant it is hadly 1 drink over the limit.

It can certainly be enough to be pissed if you dont drink much

He was moving his car while a taxi was waiting.

Your co-ordination is not badly affected enough to **** up at .08.

I would have a problem if he was caught driving home but come on. He was doing the right thing. He just didn't want his car vandalised.

Flip - There are a lot of people who would suggest that co-ordination, even to the most minor degree, is affected even when you are UNDER the legal limit, but still have had a drink.

totally agree Rhino. If I had had 3 or 4 I might be under the limit but I certainly wouldn't keen on driving.

One of my mates was runover and killed by a drunk driver when he was out walking the dog so I don't see any leeway when it comes to drink driving at all.

sounds strange to me......2am...if you are getting a taxi, you get a taxi, you don't get in the car to move it..you only get in the car to drive it home.

**** the guy earns enough. catch a cab hey tiger?

One of my mates was runover and killed by a drunk driver when he was out walking the dog so I see any leeway when it comes to drink driving at all.

Wasnt in South Hurstville, was it?

Poor bugger. Sounds like he was doing the right thing & just got unlucky.
If he gets done here, the lesson seems to be to just risk it, you might as well.

[quote author=The Gronk]

One of my mates was runover and killed by a drunk driver when he was out walking the dog so I see any leeway when it comes to drink driving at all.

Wasnt in South Hurstville, was it?
[/quote]

Nah it was on XMAS eve on the gold coast 8 years ago

Sounds like it happens all too often though.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6