Jason King announces his retirement

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Congrats kingy on a fantastic career. You have been a loyal and strong member of our great side.

Let's send kingy off with another premiership ring :)

RLPA here I come.

The Kingdog has struggled with injury the last few years as the battering he has copped has caught up with him. Sad to see him miss the 2011 GF, but hopefully he'll play a major part in this years decider. He has come a fair way since the Princess Tippytoe days. Has been a loyal and honest contributor.

Mitch said:
Ron E. Gibbs said:
Great clubman. Send him and Gifty out on a high, boys!
I still remember him running in a length of the field try from a kick-off return for the Northern Eagles. Or did I imagine that?

I was just thinking about that! I'm sure it was against Canberra up at Bluetongue stadium and he bumped off Brett Finch on his way to a full field try.

I have to see that?. Can anyone post a video of that moment?.

This should be played at his farewell party after our 2014 grand final win.

NYEagle

This is a wonderful recap of a commendable career :angel:
Looks like baby #2 is well on the way too, so congratulations to Jason and Wifey on that as well :)

cq5dam.thumbnail.140.100.png

http://www.foxsports.com.au/video/?v=king-steps-off-manly-throne_1227038732940&vc=222

The Video of the actual speech is not up yet.

Mitch said:
Ron E. Gibbs said:
Great clubman. Send him and Gifty out on a high, boys!
I still remember him running in a length of the field try from a kick-off return for the Northern Eagles. Or did I imagine that?

I was just thinking about that! I'm sure it was against Canberra up at Bluetongue stadium and he bumped off Brett Finch on his way to a full field try.

I remember him scoring a length of the field try from the kickoff early in his career. I seem to remember it happening at Brookie though, down the hill side, towards Pittwater rd end.

Jason is a beaches boy. We'll look after him post footy. Rewards come to those who are loyal.

One club man , One club man thats what the eagles are all about that is why we are such a great club. Can honestly say havent always been a huge fan of Jasons but I do know he bleeds maroon and white and he will hopefully be looked after by the club. He is a rarity in footballer a prop forward with a brain, he is getting out at the right time well done champ.

From Twitter:

Michael chapman ‏@mulletmike13 4h
Congrats kingy on his retirement still remember my first year at manly him and @joegee8 nearly goin toe2toe in pre season..two legends!!!

Michael chapman ‏@mulletmike13 3h
@joegee8 dummy half scoots running at kingy would always submit learnt that from day one otherwise would make you pay hahah miss ya bud

Darcy LussickVerified account
‏@D_LUSSICK
@mulletmike13 @joegee8 if it was contact I'd always let him run through me every single time I wasn't making him upset

Reply to @D_LUSSICK @mulletmike13 @joegee8
Joe Galuvao ‏@joegee8 14m
@D_LUSSICK @mulletmike13
....or avoid being his wrestling partner ..... #FarewellKingy

User Actions
Following

Joe GaluvaoVerified account
‏@joegee8
Congrats to @SeaEagles legend Jason King on an outstanding career.been a gr8 support & influence 4me,cheers 2the smartest angry man I know!

http://www.seaeagles.com.au/news/2014/08/27/video_jason_king_retirement_announcement.html

Official Video - tear jerker :angel:

Gee Kingy speaks well. Covered his whole career in a factual yet emotional way.
A future Judge in the making :)

Round 2 - Kingdog v Burgess Clan:cool:
http://www.seaeagles.com.au/news/2014/03/14/rd2_match_highlights_sea_eagles_v_rabbitohs.html

Wish I'd shook his hand when I had the chance on the Goldy.

Great career, great club man, thanks for the memories Kingy.

Well Kingy, I can't add anything more so I'll go with what all the fellow Silvertails have already said in this thread.
Got a photo with this legend after the titans game. Will treasure it with my Manly heart.:heart:

Congrats to JK.
One of the really hard jobs of the NRL is to be the pack leader and main agressor of your team. Thats not once or twice.......but every week. Against all comers and when you're carrying nigglies as well. Great job in leading our pack for 10 years Jase. It would be just reward for him to win 1 more GF. Go get em big fella.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4