Jarryd Hayne to Golf???

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
"God told me so"- Jarryd Hayne

I bet that's what he'd say...

I'm really enjoying the Hayne story.

To have outrageous talent is one thing. To go where the heart takes you is another.

Just because everyone else demands you conform doesn't mean you're forced to.

Maybe in the off season, Hayne got a job as a Burr Cutter.
Chipping out Bathurst burr, Scotch thistle, etc.
Forgive my ignorance Wedgetail but are they the things that attach themselves to say a sheep's........... southern end??

sheeps head yes ... and southern end
Bathurst.jpg

Forgive my ignorance Wedgetail but are they the things that attach themselves to say a sheep's........... southern end??
Yes, Nighter's pic shows Bathurst burr, which slows things down for the Shearer & will decrease the value of the wool clip, if they're bad enough.
Plus, they're a noxious weed, you can get fined for not controlling them & other weeds/thistles.
Hence, employing some poor silly bugger to cut them out with a dirty hoe in rough country, where you can't spray. So, you need a good swing.;)

Last edited:
Yes, Nighter's pic shows Bathurst burr, which slows things down for the Shearer & will decrease the value of the wool clip, if they're bad enough.
Plus, they're a noxious weed, you can get fined for not controlling them & other weeds/thistles.
Hence, employing some poor silly bugger to cut them out with a dirty hoe in rough country, where you can't spray. So, you need a good swing.;)
Ok yeah. I thought I remembered my dad had mentioned them. He had that job as a young bloke working around Griffith.
I'd like to see jarryd and a lot of other young players spend a year doing that and crutching sheep etc so they realised how lucky they are to have the talent at their disposal.

Ok yeah. I thought I remembered my dad had mentioned them. He had that job as a young bloke working around Griffith.
I'd like to see jarryd and a lot of other young players spend a year doing that and crutching sheep etc so they realised how lucky they are to have the talent at their disposal.
Agree, so true. If the "thistley" wool didn't make them appreciate their talent,
the fly-blown maggoty sheep would. :)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6