Jarred Hayne is number 1

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Eagle Has Landed

Bencher
Tipping Member
Hayne played well at fullback tonight for NSW and that try he scored early in the match I doubt that Snake would of scored that.
Is it the end of of an era for The Snake playing rep football?

The Eagle Has Landed said:
Hayne played well at fullback tonight for NSW and that try he scored early in the match I doubt that Snake would of scored that.

Said same in another post.

I don't know if you could call it an era, misfortune has prevented Snake from stamping his authority on it, Hayne has been there or thereabouts for several years, it is his for as long as his form deserves it.

Yeah i agree.Will be hard for Snake to make it back. Got that injury at a bad time

Hayne is like Inglis will always be found a spot but in answer to your original Q? then yes.

Especially with the debut of Ferguson

Everyone is feeling the love because we, NSW, won game 1, actually won the first half.

Game 2 will shed more light, I reckon NSW will win up here too, but if they lose the pressure will be on both teams.

Watch the first try on your 2011 grand final dvd.

Hayne can have the spot. As much as I love the Snake he does cop a lot of injuries and I'd hate to see him seriously hurt perhaps with a career ending injury playing origin. We need him at Manly.

I agree that Loz will keep Hayne there at no.1 even with Brett fit. Now I love Brett and feel he creates opportunities that Hayne might not but Hayne also creates his own.

A big difference between Hayne an Snake and this is one i think Loz will be thinking of, is Hayne explodes into the defensive line on ball returns and it is inspiraing. Snake runs to the line and secumbs to the takles. Haynes "go hard" in all parts of his game should see him kept there.

Darren said:
He scored some great tries in 2006 as well.

And ever year since with the exception of 2010 where he busted himself putting his body on the line to stop lote.

But don't let it stop you from having snide digs at him you disgraceful individual Darren.

bones said:
Darren said:
He scored some great tries in 2006 as well.

I think you made a good post about then too.
Don't lie bones.

I knew this was going to be a touchy subject.
I a big fan Brett always have been, I'm just stating that we all know he isn't the player he once was with injuries.
I hope he can get back to his best.
Hayne has always stepped up at SOO and is an origin player through and through and fullback is his best position.

For Brett he has been out injuried in rep footy in his prime. He has played only 1 test on the wing in slaughter of kiwis in Wellington. he should have played at least half dozen tests. Missed 2008 World Cup injury as well as 2011 four nations tour was picked for both. Had 2 full season out I between all this with knee injuries in his prime he should have played 20 origin not 5 or 6. Gifty will play game 2 poor old josh Reynolds no game time. If Cronk plays like that in game 2 dce will be halfback.

niccipops said:
Hayne can have the spot. As much as I love the Snake he does cop a lot of injuries and I'd hate to see him seriously hurt perhaps with a career ending injury playing origin. We need him at Manly.

I think niccipops has summed it up perfectly. Snake, its a Sea Eagles jersey only for life mate. 3 more premierships pls.

Lock the thread, discussion over.

Before 2009 I would have comfortably declared that Stewart was a better player and had a better career than Billy Slater up to that point. Those two serious knee injuries and all the niggling injuries since have been tragic.

He has never let NSW down every time he has been picked. Had NSW made better selections last year then he could have enjoyed a series victory. Hayne is an exceptional talent though. If NSW want to dominate for consecutive series then they need to stick with him and he needs to fire.

Hayne is a 'strong' man. Solid. Good runner, talented.
Snake is a 'fast' man. Beautiful mover, anticipates, opportunist.

Having said that, Hayne had it easy last night. QLD played like old men.
There is virtually no difference between the try Snake scored in Game 1 2012, and the Hayne's try last night.

Hayne's return of the kick is superior to Snake's because he's strong and willing to try to bust tackles. Snake is protecting his knees for career longevity.

But could J Hayne have scored that Carney instigated support try in the Game 1, 2nd Half last year ? I think not. Its Snake who has the try scoring records. If he had never played RL, would those 130 tries have been scored ? by someone else ? OF COURSE NOT.

Like Bozo, Phil Blake et al, Brett Stewart's career will be talked about for decades to come. J Hayne's will be forgotten comparatively quickly. Snake will bounce back for one final 'career segment'.

Remember try 1 game 2 last year? Snake took a couple with him over the line. It was a strong effort. In saying that I think Hayne will have the job for the rest of the series unless he has a shocker in game 2.

Biggest difference is that Brett is a team player through and through, hayne is the total opposite. Brett would also put a 100% effort in for whichever team he was playing for hayne applies himself when he feels like it. Brett's ability to read the play and direct his team mates is in a different first rate hayne's is almost non existent. I think hayne is far more an opportunistic player because he only thinks about himself and his play.

Hayne has been consistently good for a long period now, don't let Parras results fool you with that. The amount of tries saved show exactly how hard he is working for them

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6