Jared Waerea Hargreaves

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The Wheel link said:
I thnk Des/Crusher haven't made too many wrong calls over the years on player acqusition/retention so I will rely on their assessment.

I would think they would have kept him if they really wanted do - I have heard that the club was concerned about him being able to sustain playing 1st grade for long/consistant period ie injury prone.

The wheel has got it right in what he has stated, can't go past that.

I can't understand why threads are still been brought up about this guy
he was never going to be anything at manly there's more exciting times coming
up with our 2 new young halves.

Well I hope he does well at the Roosters except when they are playing us. He looks to be a good player. But as they say you can't keep them all, it's just impossible with the salary cap and we did get future Kangaroos winger Tony Williams.

I wasn't convinced in any of his games and he hasn't shown anything forvtge roosters tonight

eagles2win link said:
[quote author=Dan link=topic=183017.msg259347#msg259347 date=1271501136]
I wasn't convinced in any of his games and he hasn't shown anything forvtge roosters tonight

Put a rooster through a gap that which they scored from
[/quote]
Large size, enthusiastic, no fear, wants to be in the play, awareness for off-load chances. Apart from that I didn't see anything from him tonight, either Dan :) I guess if he had anything we'd know by now, after all he's played at least 5 NRL matches now!

Came back from a busted nose and made 104m off the bench in under a half of footy too. Not a bad effort for a bloke's first game of the year...

The criticism of him is pretty unfair at this point.

chrisos link said:
[quote author=SeaEagleRock8 link=topic=183017.msg259258#msg259258 date=1271341289]
The girl wanted a diamond ring and you weren't prepared to sell your soul. You made the right decision. Good luck to Jared but I expect he will miss Manly more than we miss him.
good analogy,i hope youre right,things i have been hearing and reading are touting him as something very special...
[/quote]

It is a good analogy but it isn't a true one.

He isn't on good money at the Roosters.

The Wheel link said:
I thnk Des/Crusher haven't made too many wrong calls over the years on player acqusition/retention so I will rely on their assessment.

I would think they would have kept him if they really wanted do - I have heard that the club was concerned about him being able to sustain playing 1st grade for long/consistant period ie injury prone.

That's what I heard, but they made that call before he played his first NRL match. It was at this time when the Roosters made him an offer and gave him about a month to consider it. Manly never made him an offer. Nothing, they wanted to wait until they saw more of him before making an offer and so he signed with the Roosters.

By the end of the season, I think Des and Crusher had a different view of him.

I'll stick with what Des and Crusher saw in him.  Playing against such rubbish yesterday, even Cambo would have gone well.

DSM5 link said:
I'll stick with what Des and Crusher saw in him.  Playing against such rubbish yesterday, even Cambo would have gone well.

Even Perry and King would have made over 100 metres against the slug forwards at the raiders.

I don't necessarily think he is a champion in the making but he is a very interesting player. Des didn't take him to England for the WCC just to show him Buckingham Palace. Someone mentioned that at the time we believed we had Burgess coming, I think that is more likely than that we just didn't want him. He reminds me a little of John Harvey.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4