Jan davis Memorial tipping comp, Prize and update

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
Hi everyone,

we are just finalizing the prize for this years competition. We have again gone with photos and this year we have decided to go with two of the best captains of the Sea Eagles and two undisputed legends of the club.

These two players absolutely epitomized the Manly Sea Eagles spirit and played the game with unmatched ferocity and passion, they played on the field when others would have sat it out on the sideline, and neither were known for taking a backwards step.

This years prize will be a framed 2 photo composition of

Ben Kennedy and Geoff Toovey

The selection of both were easy when we were deciding on the theme of this years prize, and in a year where we face a lot of uncertainty with the halves and just how well we will go, we quickly decided on two players that were inspirational to the team and fans around them and no matter the odds always played to their full potential when in the mighty Maroon and white.

So start getting your entries in and don't miss out on this awesome prize. We have these frames and photos custom made so these are one of a kind prizes and worth getting hold of. Last years prize looked awesome and whilst I was happy for ssar to have it above his bar, i was absolutely green with envy too :)

Good luck all

Great idea Dan and I look forward to doing better than last year.

Here is one to make a Manly fan envious which comes from my private collection, signed by both of the greats :)

Should've gone with Manly's two great halves of the modern era, keeping with the halves theme you mentioned.

Geoff Toovey and Matthew Orford.

Volley link said:
Should've gone with Manly's two great halves of the modern era, keeping with the halves theme you mentioned.

Geoff Toovey and Matthew Orford.

lol not Orford & Monaghan?

We need an inspirational leader this year, if we are to do well, we need a Toovey or a BK to stand up and take charge

And damn MB that is a fine fine fine fine photo.

Who's more inspirational, the Captain who leads his side to a Premiership, or the captain who gets bundled out 28-0 in the 2nd week of the finals?

Dan link said:
And damn MB that is a fine fine fine fine photo.

I know it is not on topic, but yep, that is my favorite. I owe Byso a thanks for that pic. It is 10" x 8" and I got it signed at the members bbq in '05. I have some really good ones signed from Byso's other great shots, 11 in all.

Volley link said:
Who's more inspirational, the Captain who leads his side to a Premiership, or the captain who gets bundled out 28-0 in the 2nd week of the finals?

you will have a hard time convincing anyone here that Toovey and orford belong on the same page.

I certainly wouldn't put them on anywhere near level peggings

Last place will be TBA until I have a look through the merch store or $2 shop

Last place can have my empty Sea Eagles fudge tin. Then again, I just might have to hang on to it as I am sure it will become an heirloom.

Don't shout me down!!! however, I was wondering what Toovey is like with that sort of stuff, signing etc. I just remember up in Brisbane we all waited outside to meet some players etc and while ALL were willing and friendly Tooves just sat behind the fence at the bus door glaring at us! We are ugly but a signature for the kids wouldn't have hurt him, especially with the "you said he's a legend,Dad" etc!

I don't think there is much chance of getting a signature from Tooves

Tooves was happy enough to get in a photo with me a couple of years back

On the prizes, I feel there should be a Jye Mullane picture involved somewhere

At the moment we only have 2 paying participants, so winning should be pretty easy :)

ManlyBacker link said:
Surely a Dallas Rennie pic would be rated higher than Jye. One ugly picture and prize. :)

Dallas Rennie might have a head like a dropped pie.

Nobody had a bigger part in the genesis of this site than Jye Mullane, for which he should never be forgotten :)

To sign up go to "tipping comp" at the top of the page and enter your tips, that will automatically put you into the competition. It will then show payment details from there

Cheers
Dan

Can we have a message in big red writing, below our "Total time Logged in", that we have to enter our tips if we haven't already done so for the current week?

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8