Jamil Hopoate Jailed

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I always thought John was a bit hard done by. Clearly no angel but I didn't think he was a bad person - just not very smart.

What Jamil has done is on a whole other level. Truly shameful behaviour. The club can't possibly have anything to do with him, no matter how good he is.

It's a shame, because like others I had high hopes.

Didn't he also play some rugby union for Manly at the same time? Or was that some other bloke that just looked like him in head gear?

mozgrame said:
Didn't he also play some rugby union for Manly at the same time? Or was that some other bloke that just looked like him in head gear?

He had an illustrious rugby union career, consisting of 1 fifth-grade match for Parramatta while he was under contract with the Sea Eagles.

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2003/06/11/1055220656003.html

MadMarcus said:
mozgrame said:

He had an illustrious rugby union career, consisting of 1 fifth-grade match for Parramatta while he was under contract with the Sea Eagles.

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2003/06/11/1055220656003.html

Bloody Parramatta. They have been trying to destabilise us for years. :p

Ralphie said:
Moops said:
Ralphie said:
mickqld said:
A sickening attack and an appropriate punishment. The club must act in the same manner as they did with Tetevano. Don't want my club employing people like this.

I understand the sentiment mick, but this is different to the Tetavano circumstances because he had not ever even played for us. I want my club to be like family. The Hopoate family are Sea Eagles family and I want our great club to stick with him and help him rehabilitate himself. Possibly.......in the fullness of time......he may play for us again, but he is family.

Would you wipe a member of your own family if they had made a bad decision and screwed up.

Family? Didn't Hopoate Snr direct his sons to Parramatta for a few extra bucks. The only reason Jamil came back was because Parra got rid of him. Yeah, real loyal!

For the record, it was an extra $450k each year. Hardly a few extra bucks.

What about Jamil? I guess your definition of family is different to mine.

Rugby league brings civilised behaviour to the brink. Aggression is called for in the game, and lauded, but those of limited insight and/or limited cultural sophistication who can't see the boundaries clearly will be ruthlessly castigated, ridiculed, and eventually convicted and jailed.

TV executives want to see the maximum allowable violence on-field but don't want to be on the receiving end after a night on the town.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7