Jamil Hopoate Jailed

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Ramrod said:
wedgetail eagle said:
Talking all things Hoppa.
This was in the NT News.

This failed to mention that the dog committed suicide after the event because he couldn't live with the shame and the taunts from the other dogs in the neighbourhood.
True. Further investigation showed the little dog would pick the fights so the woman could continue her sick game.
There is a Help line for Dog victims.
1800 Mal Maninga

wedgetail eagle said:
Ramrod said:
wedgetail eagle said:
Talking all things Hoppa.
This was in the NT News.

This failed to mention that the dog committed suicide after the event because he couldn't live with the shame and the taunts from the other dogs in the neighbourhood.
True. Further investigation showed the little dog would pick the fights so the woman could continue her sick game.
There is a Help line for Dog victims.
1800 Mal Maninga

She's not a bad sort.....I wonder if I go up there and pick a fight with little dog.....:blush:

I see Hoppa Snr is copping some flak for his carry on yesterday with the media.

Way to set an example for your son.

Very, very poor legal representation for Jamil. I can not believe he wasn't advised to wear a bow tie.

Bandit said:
Ralphie said:
Moops said:
Ralphie said:
mickqld said:
A sickening attack and an appropriate punishment. The club must act in the same manner as they did with Tetevano. Don't want my club employing people like this.

I understand the sentiment mick, but this is different to the Tetavano circumstances because he had not ever even played for us. I want my club to be like family. The Hopoate family are Sea Eagles family and I want our great club to stick with him and help him rehabilitate himself. Possibly.......in the fullness of time......he may play for us again, but he is family.

Would you wipe a member of your own family if they had made a bad decision and screwed up.

Family? Didn't Hopoate Snr direct his sons to Parramatta for a few extra bucks. The only reason Jamil came back was because Parra got rid of him. Yeah, real loyal!

For the record, it was an extra $450k each year. Hardly a few extra bucks.

Not exactly.

William's contract with manly was $150k/yr for 3 years
(2009-2011), which was staggering money for a 16 year old, who
didn't debut in 1st grade until 2011 - the 3rd year of his contract.

Parra came in with their deal of $600k a year, for 3 years from 2014.
But Manly would've offered something like $450k/yr (ruffly? maybe $500k)
for his next upgrade and would've liked some "loyalty" from young Will,
Only because they had strongly supported the kid early on.

It was well documented at the time that the Parra number was $850k & Manly $400k. You will regularly hear slimey fans bitching about his value and referring to that number.

I know I am the sole voice here, but the Hopoates are unsophisticated people who have made some poor decisions. John suggested they sign with Parra to secure the Family's future because of the crazy money, which is very understandable. There is no doubt they have issues and are the troublesome child of the Sea Eagles family, but I still believe the club should try to work through this with Jamil.

As an aside I suspect Jamil never wanted to go to Parra and that contributed greatly to his going off the rails.

Ralphie said:
Bandit said:
Ralphie said:
Moops said:
Ralphie said:
I understand the sentiment mick, but this is different to the Tetavano circumstances because he had not ever even played for us. I want my club to be like family. The Hopoate family are Sea Eagles family and I want our great club to stick with him and help him rehabilitate himself. Possibly.......in the fullness of time......he may play for us again, but he is family.

Would you wipe a member of your own family if they had made a bad decision and screwed up.

Family? Didn't Hopoate Snr direct his sons to Parramatta for a few extra bucks. The only reason Jamil came back was because Parra got rid of him. Yeah, real loyal!

Not exactly.

It was well documented at the time that the Parra number was $850k & Manly $400k. You will regularly hear slimey fans bitching about his value and referring to that number.

I know I am the sole voice here, but the Hopoates are unsophisticated people who have made some poor decisions. John suggested they sign with Parra to secure the Family's future because of the crazy money, which is very understandable. There is no doubt they have issues and are the troublesome child of the Sea Eagles family, but I still believe the club should try to work through this with Jamil.

As an aside I suspect Jamil never wanted to go to Parra and that contributed greatly to his going off the rails.

What's his excuse for going off the rails now that he's at Manly?

Ralphie said:
Bandit said:
Ralphie said:
Moops said:
Ralphie said:

Not exactly.

Our club did try and work through his problems when they gave him a life line after Parra showed him the door for disciplinary lapses .

Ralphie said:
Bandit said:
Ralphie said:
Moops said:
Ralphie said:

Not exactly.

I thought I had heard it all.

Parra paid Will Hoppa $2,550,000?

Wow, step aside Ricky & the Raiders.
There are new contenders for dumbest boneheads on the planet.

As for Jamil - someone else mentioned we gave him a 2nd chance after he screwed up at Parra.

So good riddence, but even more so to his rotten old man.

lsz said:
We have let him go (from the offical website)

I have 2 say I'm impressed with the new structure in the way they have handled the last 2 incidents. None of this hiding behind reports and integrity committees just good old fashioned see you later you don't deserve to wear our jersey. If this is Penn or Kelly or a combination of both it's good 2 see decisive action being taken.

Completely agree. Good decision move on. Can't have people like that who can't stay off the Boose disrupting our players. Doesn't mean we shouldn't give him a little support though

I am sickened by the whole incident that has been reported. And I applaud Manly's Executive team for making this decision and cutting him. The sooner these type of brainless incidents are stamped out, the better our society will become.

With regards to the Hopoates, I always have a soft spot for Will. He was an integral part of our 2011 campaign, and just seemed like the exact opposite of his father. I have rarely had anything but contempt for John. He is the poster boy of a bully. Just believes he can push and shout and get his way in life.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4