Jamil Hopoate Jailed

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
Manly Sea Eagles player Jamil Hopoate has been jailed for at least 12 months over a violent hotel assault. his famous dad John watches on

A Sea Eagles statement issued on Wednesday afternoon said: “The Manly Warringah Sea Eagles and NRL’s Integrity Unit are aware of the sentence handed down today to player, Jamil Hopoate.

“The club will be reviewing the matter internally before any further comment will be made.”

MORE TO COME

I picked Jamil as the big thing this year .. I saw him play at last home game .. and he was into everything, attack, defence and any pushing and shoves that was on offer. He was a chip off the old mans shoulder .. unlike Will who obviously must take after his Mum.

mickqld said:
A sickening attack and an appropriate punishment. The club must act in the same manner as they did with Tetevano. Don't want my club employing people like this.

I understand the sentiment mick, but this is different to the Tetavano circumstances because he had not ever even played for us. I want my club to be like family. The Hopoate family are Sea Eagles family and I want our great club to stick with him and help him rehabilitate himself. Possibly.......in the fullness of time......he may play for us again, but he is family.

Would you wipe a member of your own family if they had made a bad decision and screwed up.

Couple of tweets from 2UE news reporter at the court house that John is going feral

John Hopoate is an ABSOLUTE PIG! He purposely stepped on my foot to try and trip me over and shoved another down the stairs!

And

Sheriffs have had to intervene after John Hopoate verbally confronted me in court & repeatedly called me a 'f**king bitch!'

Jamil Hopoate has been refused bail ahead of appeal in February @NewsTalk2UE

I said before - What the club does here will signal their intentions relating to Will coming off contract...

He was almost ready for 1st grade in my opinion. Will be very hard to come back from this. What is happening with packer? Hope the victim is ok.

Berkeley_Eagle said:
Couple of tweets from 2UE news reporter at the court house that John is going feral

John Hopoate is an ABSOLUTE PIG! He purposely stepped on my foot to try and trip me over and shoved another down the stairs!

And

Sheriffs have had to intervene after John Hopoate verbally confronted me in court & repeatedly called me a 'f**king ...!'

Jamil Hopoate has been refused bail ahead of appeal in February @NewsTalk2UE

John is scum and always has been, the only surprising thing is Will turned out a decent human being.

Darren said:
No Ralphie, he nearly wiped out someone else's family. Be glad it wasn't one of your relatives.

100% agree everybody is so understanding until It happens 2 their family members.

Hopefully this stint in gaol will see out Jamil's 2 year Moron mission. Then he can get back to playing footy.

Having their son going to jail is always going to be distressing for the family. Most of these reporters are'nt shrinking violets and a lot of the time they'll try and provoke a reaction. Not condoning Johns actions but I can understand them.

Finally rid of the Hopoate family...Good riddance I say....John was a grub and the fruit doesn't fall far from the tree.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7