1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jamie Lyons Update

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by mellonhead, Sep 17, 2005.

1. mellonhead

mellonhead Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sad News!

Jamie Lyons Father in law today advised that Jamie is coming to Sydney after the finals in UK. He will be RETURNING to England in January to complete his English contract. His wife and family will be flying to England in May 06 to join up with him.

It was stated that Jamie's wife does not want to go back to England next year with their young family, and would love Jamie to play for Manly next year, however at this point of time he has contractural problems. Whilst on his holiday to Australia he will be trying to make "other arrangements".

This doesn't sound good to me? Sorry for the bum steer from the Parramatta sources. I'll keep you updated on any changes from the family.:cry: :doh: 8D

2. Matabele

Matabele Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    Does he have a wife and kids?

Seems your sources would be well advised to keep their minds on the finals rather than random text messages?

3. mellonhead

mellonhead Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Mata, if you live with a lady for 5 plus years and you have a 6 month old baby....your married! Secondly my friends know how to use a telephone, they don't need to SMS.

4. Matabele

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    Fair enough.....

I wonder what she thought of Wee Waa?

5. mellonhead

mellonhead Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Probably not much, I been there .... and left as quick as I could....I think it was 25 minutes

6. Matabele

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    If Narrabri is any guide, I'd be doing the same.

7. Fro

Fro Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +245 / 0
    only takes 5 minutes to drive through either of them.

I was in your stamping ground Saturday Matas, didnt think of it till too late, I should have got your number.

8. Canteen Worker

Canteen Worker Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +212 / 5
    Narrabri takes at least 7 mins to go through!!!!!! Was born about an hour up the highway from there!!!

Just because Raglan and Kelso merge into Bx and make it about 20 mins to get through!!!!!!!

9. Fro

Fro Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +245 / 0
    actually you are right CW, i was in Narabri 6 weeks ago and it took about 7 or 8.

some parts of Kelso are in a world of its own

10. Canteen Worker

Ratings:
    +212 / 5
    Too true!! Parts of Bathurst as well! I lived there for 3 years when I was studying (long time ago) Lots of my skin is still on the Showground cricket pitch from playing footy there (hardest ground in the world!!)

11. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,469 / 74
    who cares, its all redneck hick country!

12. Canteen Worker

Ratings:
    +212 / 5
    The pretty city Metro couldn't hack living more than 5 km away from the Mosman hairdressers!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

13. Fro

Fro Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +245 / 0
    Ahh the predictability of those whose brains are fuddled by breathing god knows what.

Must have been a long while ago CW, they dont use the showground for any sprts these days. unless you mean the sportsground, its just across the road.

14. Canteen Worker

Ratings:
    +212 / 5
    I did mean the sports ground - with a funny little stand and a cricket pitch on it like concrete. It is on the Mt Panorama side of the highway not far over the Macquarie River bridge and it was a long time ago.

15. Dan

Ratings:
    +5,469 / 74

get mine cut in north sydney......I have some money but am not rich enough to afford the likes of Rachel jones etc! :)

The best part about going to the country is leaving it to come home

16. Fro

Fro Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +245 / 0
    yep they still play creicket on the sportsground, and some juniour league. the big boys play next door at carrington park.

and Dan the best thing about the country is that it isnt the city

17. byso

byso Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0
    I see they've got a new club house there fro?

18. Dan

Ratings:
    +5,469 / 74

The only part of the "country" I could live in would be a coastal town, something like nambucca heads.

19. Fro

Fro Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +245 / 0
    Sure do Byso. went up a couple of years ago, had to knock the newer of the 2 old grandstands down as it was a safety hazard. 2 foot high rail around th top, just the right height for a kiddie to fall over.

new one is only toilets, change roms and a canteen in the middle. was a ****fight to get it up. Council wanted it on the fence with the footy ground, took months to get the location where it was.

20. Stuey Davis Socks

Stuey Davis Socks Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +179 / 3
    CW probably after your time, but the ground has seen some top flight action.

I had the dubious pleasure of seeing Souths thrashed by the Broncos in the Broncos first year in the comp - 1988 (also my first year at Mitchell).

Scheduling a night game during a Bathurst winter before global warming kicked in was not a bright idea. Even watching the likes of Smokin Joe Kilroy and a very young Pearl, and drowning copious amounts of beer wasnt enough to take the mind of the degree temperature. I've never been colder.