1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jamie Lyon's missed kick

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by manlyfan, Sep 21, 2014.

1. manlyfan

manlyfan Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 1
    Has anyone else noticed he kicked this from the wrong place?

We crossed 10 metres infield, and he tries to convert it from the sideline.

WTF?

2. fLIP

fLIP UFO Hunter

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +790 / 15
    Ref sets the mark. You pick how far from try line.

3. manlyfan

manlyfan Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 1
    That's what I'm saying. He was given the wrong mark.

4. fLIP

fLIP UFO Hunter

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +790 / 15
    honestly wouldn't surprise me.

I was also blown away that full time was blown 5 seconds early we're on the attack...

5. master blaster

master blaster Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +674 / 4
    I thought the same thing fLip

6. Mal Cochrane

Mal Cochrane I'm not really Mal Cochrane...

Ratings:
    +434 / 4
    that was Ch9's time which is always a few seconds off...what was the time on the scoreboard?

7. danny-boy

danny-boy Active Member

Ratings:
    +85 / 2
    Out of everything that happened in the game the missed kick probably cuts me the most. Canterbury didn't have another try in them. Lyon gets it and we win.

8. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    Just watched the replay and there is no doubt the ref gave Killer the wrong mark. He moved it closer to the sideline by conservatively 3-4m from where Blair scored. That's a big difference on conversion success percentage there.

Seriously with all the officials and replays we have why can't get these simple things right. We kick that goal and we are in the box seat, it takes the field goal out of play and forces them to score a try, which they had struggled to do for 50 minutes.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Snake

Snake Doing The Eagle Rock!

Ratings:
    +2,520 / 134
    I take the point, but what ifs don't really achieve anything in the long run. Sure, if Lyon kicks the goal etc, but what if Hodkinson kicked his first conversion of the night? It takes the field goal out of it, and we lose by 2.

10. simon64

simon64 Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +2,078 / 26
    Point taken Snake, but what if the officials had sacked up and penalised Reynolds for being 3m offside in extra time ?

11. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    The point is Hodkinson took his kick from the right spot, Killer wasn't afforded that chance. The ref farked up and they should acknowledge that. Lyon's chances of kicking that goal have to improve the closer to the posts he gets.

12. Snake

Snake Doing The Eagle Rock!

Ratings:
    +2,520 / 134
    not disputing that, I just think there are an endless amount of hypotheticals, but end of the day, you win some and lose some. 16 nil down from poor defence was more crucial in the result, than Reynolds kicking it into the referee, or where Jamie Lyon took the kick from.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Stuey Davis Socks

Stuey Davis Socks Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +179 / 3
    Snake your comment is way too sensible for this forum.

14. Rodo

Rodo Goldmember 2016 Tipping Competitor

Southern Sydney
    Ratings:
    +484 / 14
    Maybe we should be blaming Horo for the kick being taken from the wrong spot.

The ref should have marked the spot correctly but after the try, Horo ran in and patted Ennis on the head causing the fight. Then 5 minutes later with the endless video replays (of the fight) and refs regaining control (and having to move off the mark), it appears to me that they forgot the spot where the try was scored.

If Horo had not run in then the ref would have marked the spot, then waited for the video replays to check the try and so it would be far less likely for them to get it wrong.

So pretty simple, it was a dumb thing for Horo to run up to Ennis like he did.

15. panash

panash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +296 / 0
    Rubbish !!!!

I knew where the Try was scored and I was at home. Not blaming Lyon but as the goal kicker and watching on the big screen where the try was scored , he should of made a point of it. His also captain.

The refs that night were changing decisions based on players advice.

16. MadMarcus

MadMarcus Local Lunatic 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +5,805 / 53
    Not our players though.

17. SeaEagle21

SeaEagle21 Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +866 / 14
    Horo to blame for Lyon having another few minutes to rest and compose himself for the kick?

Win some and lose some, that's what it came down to.

Bad luck and move onto 2015

18. Mal Cochrane

Mal Cochrane I'm not really Mal Cochrane...

Ratings:
    +434 / 4
    I've knocked Horo for a lot of things this year, but to blame Horo for where the kick was placed????

No.

19. Daddycool08

Daddycool08 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +371 / 4
    I think we should be on the look out for a radar boot to do the kicking next year.

While Lyon is a good kicker we should have a great kicker.

Further, there should be a flag dropped by the pocket ref behind the goal-line where the try was scored. (Similar to NFL.)

If a player moves the flag it would then become a send off offense. The referee and the kicker would always know where the mark was.

However, I have noticed when I used to watch the game, that some kickers seem to take the kicks from wider out than they need to. IMHO.