Jamie Lyon

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Poola

Reserve Grader
I think i heard he was a 50% chance of bot playing due to a virus. I hope it was true as he looked pedestrian. I've never seen he and Matai beaten as they were tonight. Are we seeing the demise of true legends or are there other contributing factors that is to hard to see, by watching a game on tv.

To be fair to killer, tedesco would run rings around most centres the way he has started the season. He does look slower than usual...

I'd just like to see killer moved into the five eight role to be honest, walker looks like a centre playing five eight, and killer looks like he's slown down to a 5/8 pace!

Tedesco can make players look ordinary but it was the read in defence that got me in the try that made Jamie look bad.

Tedesco comes into a backline move and always gets the ball thrown out the back but for some reason Jamie went for Simona who cut back in as a decoy.

I think everyone bar Jamie knew the ball was going to Tedesco. He doesn't often make a big mistake like that.

It's 2 of the worst games I've seen him play.

Plus the other stalwarts in our backline are struggling in Matai, Taufua and DCE.

A new coach, playing style and defensive style will take a bit of time but these guys are certainly struggling with the change.

As others have said it might be time to move Lyon closer to the action. Walker at 5/8 isn't working and Lyon at centre is not playing well. A switch in positions might bring rewards.

It always has me perplexed when the punters can see a way to remedy these conundrums.
(Replacements & reshuffle)
But, the Coaching staff can't/doesn't.

Can't Coach Baz just do a Bill Clinton & say,
"I did not have relations with that goat, Miss Nanny..."
Or maybe they have found a stained blue Cashmere sweater?

It's a test for the 38 year old journeyman Trev Bartlett to sit down with 34 year old club legend, premiership winner and captain Jamie Lyon and ask him to move to 5/8.

For what Jamie has done for this club I stand and applaud him and he will tell the club , players and the fans when he has had enough . The old legs may take a little longer to get into condition but I trust the guy and he will come good.

The defence on both sides can be fixed
On most occasions we were sliding backwards or just on our heels that makes it so much easier to get on the outside of your man
Maybe we are not fit enough yet to move up quick and altogether
its just not working and whether the coaching staff have enough smarts to pick this up we shall see in the coming weeks

There appears little faith in Lyon from team mates also....he has always been a great option with early ball as has Matai who was used mainly as a crashball down short blindsides.
If nothing else maybe take a leaf out of Tigers books & have Lyon digging in on an angle & hit Turbo with space out the back ala Tedesco....instead of the constant predictable inside ball that Turbo has only made 1 half break off 8 attempts...

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6