Jamie Lyon

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
BErKeLEy_eAgLe link said:
LINK
http://blogs.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/buzzwords/index.php/dailytelegraph/comments/jamie_lyons_disrespect_for_rep_footy_is_poor_form/

What a bunch of small minded ill-informed people most of those people that wrote into that blog are. They are that thick that they just can't get it into their heads that it wasn't Lyon who ruled himself out of SOO3, it was the NSWRL medical team who ruled him out. There is also no current law preventing him from being available to play club football with the chance that he may, and I repeat MAY, become fit enough to play by Sunday. He is entitled to be selected by Manly if deemed fit according to the current rules. Rules are rules and they are the rules at this point in time.

Jethro link said:
[quote author=BErKeLEy_eAgLe link=topic=181014.msg231601#msg231601 date=1247085207]

LINK
http://blogs.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/buzzwords/index.php/dailytelegraph/comments/jamie_lyons_disrespect_for_rep_footy_is_poor_form/

What a bunch of small minded ill-informed people most of those people that wrote into that blog are. They are that thick that they just can't get it into their heads that it wasn't Lyon who ruled himself out of SOO3, it was the NSWRL medical team who ruled him out. There is also no current law preventing him from being available to play club football with the chance that he may, and I repeat MAY, become fit enough to play by Sunday. He is entitled to be selected by Manly if deemed fit according to the current rules. Rules are rules and they are the rules at this point in time.
[/quote]

This is the problem with the media and their spin and how the moronic slope-browed average joe, drink it up like its coca cola.

You will particularly notice it up. If the media said it, it has to be true, most people up dont have real opinions, they just copy someone elses and believe everything that is put in front of them.

Phil obviously knows exactly what he is doing and loads have obviously fallen for it hook line and sinker!

My comment was nice and polite and just asked why Cooper got ruled out of City/Country, yet played for the Dragons... I don't see it printed...

Seems like Phil's angle is that Jamie didn't beg for more time to prove his fitness, hence the lack of passion and loyalty. 
He's definately spinning it so the tards follow his every word and go 'yeah! he's right!'.

So Phil, thanks to your blog Lyon will never play rep footy again and he should be ashamed.  Well no, he's probably thinking what the fuss is all about and also, great!  he doesn't have to play rep footy again!  He'll go back to being the most overrated player, most hated player... and the key to Manly's season!

eggson link said:
My comment was nice and polite and just asked why Cooper got ruled out of City/Country, yet played for the Dragons... I don't see it printed...

You didn't go by the username "sataypower of sydney" did you? There is a comment on there asking the same thing but also included Hornby and Phil's response was:

"This is different mate. They played for their clubs AFTER the City-Country game. Lyon wants to play for Manly three days BEFORE the Origin."

Dan link said:
Matas has been published too

Do you know what time is against it so that I can read it more or less straight away without having to search through all of the crap to get to it?

Jethro link said:
[quote author=Dan link=topic=181014.msg231668#msg231668 date=1247118111]

Matas has been published too

Do you know what time is against it so that I can read it more or less straight away without having to search through all of the crap to get to it?
[/quote]

I skipped past it already sorry mate. You can read it as is on page 1 here

I had a look at Rothfield's blog. The man's a biased dead-set idiot. Jamie's a family man and a good bloke. I hope he's fit to play on Sunday and rips the dragons to shreds.

First time my comment hasn't been published but this is what I wrote:

Phil the question you need to ask is why he was ruled out by the NSW doctor (Not his club) when he was always going to be right by later in the week to resume training, did the selectors pick him but the coach didn’t want him, and was this an easy out???

In any case regardless I find it really sad in this day and age of equal opportunity the man can’t say “hey I’d prefer not to be separated from my young family for 9 days and I’d prefer not be involved”, forcing a guy to be separated from his family for a total of around 30 days over the entire origin period is wrong, In fact it would be damn near illegal in any other industry - and keep in mind that’s not counting the 5 days your forced to be away from your family for that city / country farce. Now this all occurs over a 2.5 month period and if you take into account that players also have away games in this period you’re looking a guy being away from his family as much if not more than he's actually home, which puts massive pressure on your spouse and is unfair on your kids.

I cannot believe while rugby league is having all it’s off field dramas this guy is continually crucified for having really decent values.  

missing_something link said:
First time my comment hasn't been published but this is what I wrote:

Phil the question you need to ask is why he was ruled out by the NSW doctor (Not his club) when he was always going to be right by later in the week to resume training, did the selectors pick him but the coach didn’t want him, and was this an easy out???

In any case regardless I find it really sad in this day and age of equal opportunity the man can’t say “hey I’d prefer not to be separated from my young family for 9 days and I’d prefer not be involved”, forcing a guy to be separated from his family for a total of around 30 days over the entire origin period is wrong, In fact it would be damn near illegal in any other industry - and keep in mind that’s not counting the 5 days your forced to be away from your family for that city / country farce. Now this all occurs over a 2.5 month period and if you take into account that players also have away games in this period you’re looking a guy being away from his family as much if not more than he's actually home, which puts massive pressure on your spouse and is unfair on your kids.

I cannot believe while rugby league is having all it’s off field dramas this guy is continually crucified for having really decent values.  
That was a great piece of writing. No wonder the dickhead didn't publish it. He obviously knew that you raised very relevant points and publishing those points would further point out that Phil Rothfield is a tool. Good work Missing Something.

I fail to see what purpose the blog serves.  It's hardly "live" at 12pm.  Rothfield replies to a few posters who dump their load at 7am and then the rest is just pages of gibberish.

Missing Something, I've given you three applauds for that fine piece.  It's as though you channeled my thoughts exactly. 

Missing Something this site does not allow me to give you multiple applauds without waiting an hour between each one.  It's late, so you'll have to wait. 

It seems like the Tele is trying to play it all down now, using comments supporting Lyon.  Even Hornby knows what the go is, so the Tele didn't get the blood they were after yesterday.  Great job Phil Rothfield, you are the true disgrace.

I won't be playing this weekend: Jamie Lyon
By Dean Ritchie | July 10, 2009 12:00am

Have your say!Add your comments or read what others are saying

AFTER a day of controversy, Manly centre Jamie Lyon has said he won't be playing in Sunday's big match against St George Illawarra at WIN Stadium.
Although Sea Eagles medical staff will give Lyon until the day of the game to overcome the ankle injury that ruled him out of Origin III, he is unlikely to take the field.

Lyon sent a text to The Daily Telegraph yesterday saying: "I'm not playing."

The possibility of Lyon playing for Manly - after being ruled out of Wednesday night's State of Origin match in Brisbane - drew a huge reaction on the The Daily Telegraph website yesterday.

Opinion was divided despite the NSWRL claiming Lyon was free to play this weekend after being ruled out by the NSW doctor.

"Nothing has changed - the Manly medical staff will make the final decision," Manly coach Des Hasler said.

Dragons and former NSW centre Matt Cooper was ruled out of the Country side for the game against City in Orange on May 8 but played for his club against North Queensland a day after the rep match.

The Daily Telegraph bloggers were divided on the Lyon issue, with our exclusive poll showing a 51 per cent to 49 per cent split in favour of readers who believe Lyon should not be allowed to play.

"Doctors sent him home, right? It's not like Lyon made the decision. NSW obviously wanted him fit by a certain time . . . but Manly are willing to give him until game day. What's the bloody problem here? Why should the NRL stop him from playing when it was the NSW team that sent him home?" said one fan.

Chuck Norris added: "He was ruled out by NSW doctors on Tuesday, and he could recover quicker than anticipated and then be given the go-ahead to play the Dragons, so what is your problem? I doubt a player would feign injury to miss rep footy."

Another wrote: "Jamie Lyon is committed to playing for Manly. Playing (State of Origin) is an honour. If he does not want it that is his choice, no one else's."

However, St George Illawarra claim to be unconcerned at the possibility that Lyon may play on Sunday - three days before final Origin match at Suncorp Stadium.

"They say in Origin they want fit blokes and if they can't train there's no point having them there," Dragons captain Ben Hornby said.

"That's probably the case with Jamie. He probably could have played but he wouldn't be able to train, and that's not ideal.

"That's a boost for (Manly), but that's not something we've got to worry about too much. We've just got to go out and compete and play well."

"Chuck Norris added" hahaha

Once he spoke, all else should have gone silent, the only other persons word that could have over ruled his would have been that of the TechnoViking

look at Farrah in SOO2, played injured and played ****e. Had it been a club game he probably could have played ok even though he was still injured. Its origin after all, harder, faster, tougher than club footy.

Don't you hate it when newspapers make "news" out of their own comments sections?  What news is there in quoting inane dribble by anonymous keyboard heroes like me?

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4