Jamie Lyon to the Titans?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Very true Joe, the way Jamie reads a game out wide, makes the runs he needs to, leads the team is experience you just can't buy. Yes, definitely the danger of older injuries and losing pace but he can still get on the outside of guys and slip a pass away.
The only better (POTENTIAL) centres are costing 500 plus Jennings, GI etc so we are mad to let him go.

Its pretty much just rumours from Titans fans who have apparently spoken with their CEO and he mentioned a quality outside back coming up to the Gold Coast. If its from our club, we have Jamie, Skivvy and Wolf who are all international players. Honestly, I cant see Jamie moving up there. It would have to be 1 of the other 2 if true.

McEagle said:
Looks a goer to me.... gutted

http://www.zerotackle.com/nrl/titans-add-talent-2013-8335/
That's just a summary of the rumours on this forum and the Titan forum. I'm amazed that the Titan boss puts himself out there on the forum like that.

The player apparently approached the titans, it's not Lyon, no way. Could be the Wolfman tho, would free cap space for us too

It looks like they are clutching at straws - in the zero tackle article they have named all the potential bigs names off contract. I cannot see him going, but if he does I will be crushed.

MadMarcus said:
Apparently it is a package deal with Choc and the Stewart brothers. They are all desperate to play under Cartwright.

I actually heard that they all wanted ot play under Costanza. Plenty of chinese restaurants on the gold coast apparantly

I'm still waiting for Snake to sign with the Dragons AND the Roosters (he'll be a busy boy this year). The mail on that happening was supposedly a lot stronger than a couple of posts on a Titans forum.

Where's Rambofan when you need him ? he'll know what is going on with Killer for sure.

And why should the club give the paranoid delusions of bored off season fans any oxygen ? the only announcement they will be making is "3. J Lyon (c)" come round 1 this year.

globaleagle said:
Have we signed Foran yet?

Still waiting for the club to announce that we have signed Matt orford

McEagle said:
Looks a goer to me.... gutted

http://www.zerotackle.com/nrl/titans-add-talent-2013-8335/

It also says that it could be Tate, Linnet or Tonga. In other words they have no idea either.

May's comments that it is for 2013 rules out Lyon as he is under contract to Manly and no way would we release him a year early.

Roger said:
MadMarcus said:
Apparently it is a package deal with Choc and the Stewart brothers. They are all desperate to play under Cartwright.

I can confirm that both snake and choc were getting a plane from the Gold Coast back to Sydney on Sunday arvo. Maybe they were doing the groundwork on this massive package deal? lol

Choc is getting married on Saturday and maybe its up at the GC.
He did have Killer and the Stewarts at his Bucks week in NT - so they may be part of the wedding entourage as well ;)

May our passion for the most phenomenal Player currently at Manly be reflected by the Team in winning the 2013 Premiership :angel:

And no - Wolfie going is not an option either :mad:

HappilyManly said:

He did have Killer and the Stewarts at his Bucks week in NT -

WTF - no invite. :mad: not happy choco. You are off Chrissie card list. :p

silver said:
He is has bought a block and building a house at Warriewood

Very true.... and it's for this reason, as well as being contracted with us for 2013, that I don't believe it. It's just an absurd rumour to be ignored.

McEagle said:
if it is all crap the club should come out asap and shut the talk down

joeboy said:
Issuing a little press release or even a tweet, debunking these hopefully groundless rumours.

It would be a very bad idea for the club to start responding to every baseless rumour doing the rounds. Great way to encourage idiots and tie up our rescources.

Jatz Crackers said:
McEagle said:
if it is all crap the club should come out asap and shut the talk down

joeboy said:
Issuing a little press release or even a tweet, debunking these hopefully groundless rumours.

It would be a very bad idea for the club to start responding to every baseless rumour doing the rounds. Great way to encourage idiots and tie up our rescources.

And what would people think if the club got into the habit of responding, and then they didn't respond to one..... must be true!!

It's most likely Willie Tonga as Ricky Stuart doesn't rate him and the Gold Coast is closer to home. Parramatta were trying to offload him to sign Folau . Titans + over rated player = long term contract (known as the "Idris" equation in some strains of algebra).

After Jamie's name mentioned on forums and in the press, how let down will the tits supporters be if they sign Tonga. What a colossal let down that would be. Especially after the chest beating from the CEO. Tate would be OK as long as they dont expect a winger to score tries as the only ball he will get is on kick returns

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2