Jamie Lyon says defectors have left Geoff Toovey high and dry

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Jamie Lyon will be remembered as a Manly great after he hangs up the boots. Great stuff Killer! The Manly boys will unite behind him & Tooves. Hearing positive talk from our players is making my summer!

Jamie Lyon is a champion. I'm glad someone has finally come out and said that it was a rough deal for all these blokes to ditch Tooves a month before pre-season training!!

Jamie is a great!
As for Stewies the fact is their next contract could be their last and a lot of players/managers are wanting to see how the new TV deal and Salary Cap works out to make sure they get the best deal possiable.

SSSSOOOOOOOO looking forward to the coming season.

Moondog said:
"Manly have been great to me," he said. "Crusher got me over here and he's a big part of my life. He's a great mate but I've got no intention of leaving. I hope to play out my career here. I won't be going unless I am forced out.".........That's great news, just what you'd want to hear from Jamie. Must admit I was a bit worried about the Crusher connection but Jamie has come out now and said that his commitment to the club overrides that. Even Ritchie could'nt make that sound anything but positive.Good stuff!
When I heard Cleal had deflected to the Dogs I instantly thought Jamie will be gorne BUT after a bit of thought I then thought, nah he wil probably stay - I think he has grown up a lot.

But it is very reassuring to hear it from Jamie. That is why he is my favourite Manly player :cool:

mcatt said:
Jamie Lyon is a champion. I'm glad someone has finally come out and said that it was a rough deal for all these blokes to ditch Tooves a month before pre-season training!!
To be fair they did not intend to ditch him until 2013 which would have given him time to get his own team together.

Utility Player said:
mcatt said:
To be fair they did not intend to ditch him until 2013 which would have given him time to get his own team together.

Hasler was the only one that was sacked. The others left and went straight to Belmore, as they had no contract to break. It was simply a matter of quitting as you would any normal job.

Well this is the best article I've read about the club since the GF. It really does emphasize how important Jamie is to the club. I wonder if he will be the sole captain next year?

Anyway, well said killer.

Daddycool said:
Well this is the best article I've read about the club since the GF. It really does emphasize how important Jamie is to the club. I wonder if he will be the sole captain next year?

Anyway, well said killer.

Not just Jamie there are a couple of other senior players who are vital to keeping it all together. King,Kite and Choc are the men to look for leadership here. They can keep this squad together provided we can match the money offers. It's the kids that are the big worry. DCE,Foran,Lussick will be hard to hang onto.

Lyon mustn't remember how he walked out on Parra after round 1, 2004.

Parra let Willie Tonga go to the Bulldogs because they already had two centres. You reckon they could have used him after Lyon spat his dummy and left?

Leaving your mates high and dry? Jamie Lyon's a hypocrite.

General Patton said:

Parra let Willie Tonga go to the Bulldogs because they already had two centres. You reckon they could have used him after Lyon spat his dummy and left?

Fu**off back to your kennel you co**sucker. Wait till me smash the **** out of you lot next year. What we did to the Storm will be nothing compared to the hiding you lowlifes are going to get.

Mick, the continual swearing is getting a bit much. Please read the terms of service. Cheers, Jatz
http://www.silvertails.net/articles/site-information/5605-forum-terms-of-service

General Patton said:

Meh. No one cares about Parramatta... No harm, no foul ;)

General Patton said:

He did not take 3 or 4 players with him.

General Patton said:

LOL - this from a supporter of proven salary cap cheats. Don't come here commenting on the morals of someone else. Hypocrite.

General Patton said:

Do you know why Jamie left ?
I'll answer that, because of Brian Smith

Remember when Jamie's mate (Crushers son) put a Manly jersey in front of him watching our game!! How funny was that!! Unfortunately, it made Parra so upset they would release him to anyone but us lol

General Patton said:

Not great weather for fishing today. Try somewhere else.

mickqld said:
General Patton said:

Fu**off back to your kennel you c**ksucker. Wait till me smash the s**t out of you lot next year. What we did to the Storm will be nothing compared to the hiding you lowlifes are going to get.

Fed troll is now masturbating in his own feces.....you lost the game

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7