Jamie Lyon on talkin sport

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I was driving at work and heard him on the radio. No pretensions or airs and graces about Jamie Lyon. He has got to be one of the most laid back and down to earth characters in modern footy. Put it this way, if he has any delusions of grandeur then he sure keeps them well hidden. A credit to himself and the Manly club.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
I was driving at work and heard him on the radio. No pretensions or airs and graces about Jamie Lyon. He has got to be one of the most laid back and down to earth characters in modern footy. Put it this way, if he has any delusions of grandeur then he sure keeps them well hidden. A credit to himself and the Manly club.

Awesome to hear!

SeaEagleRock8 said:

Well Cam Smith and Willie Mason on NRL 360 just accused him (indirectly without mentioning his name but everyone knows who they were accusing) of being coached to take a dive on the obstruction rules. Then Cam Smith swears they dont lay down ever, what a prick.

I watched the program

Paul K--t started out by insinuating that Jamie was a cheat for diving twice during the tigers game.

The to hear Cam Smith repeat it after all the do anything and cheat to win attitude the drizzle have was so bad.

When they discussed the Thaiday suspension about how the Broncos were dudded by the cheats, It was laughed off as fair play by the panel.

K--t has tipped the dogs too for friday so that means we win I guess.

Man I resent him and his news limited lackeys.

sheridanstand78 said:
I watched the program

Paul K--t started out by insinuating that Jamie was a cheat for diving twice during the tigers game.

The to hear Cam Smith repeat it after all the do anything and cheat to win attitude the drizzle have was so bad.

When they discussed the Thaiday suspension about how the Broncos were dudded by the cheats, It was laughed off as fair play by the panel.

I can't believe Smith can sit there with a straight face and say how they dont do anything like that it's not their go. What a ****ing hypocrite. The team and club that has introduced basically every cheat and dirty play that is being discussed lately and he says that. **** I hate that prick.

I think Jamie might be at the dogs next year after that interview.

Smith and Mason were okay on 360. But I must have been one of the seven people watching it. Paul Kent Ben Ikin Cameron Smith and Willie Mason? Please. And the. Kent went on to validate himself like he tried to on the telecrap for not being a first grader.

Don't let it stress ya people.

sheridanstand78 said:
I watched the program

Well don't watch his show. I don't.

master blaster said:
and now smith is offering advice to Dugan now

I think that you'll find that he was asked the question directly by Ikin
"If Dugan came to your club, what advice would you give him?"

What do you expect him to say? "No comment, I'd rather not answer that thanks Ben".
He's a guest on the show FFS!

As for the Lyon/Tigers obstruction stuff, it was pointed out that as the law stood up until last week, that most players would use it to their teams advantage by making a bird of any perceived obstruction.
Of course any player asked directly on National TV would say that they wouldn't milk it, but in the heat of the battle it'd be a different story.

They're professional footballers, that's what they're expected to do - the old cliche "get offered an inch and take a yard".

They just used the Jamie Lyon ones as the examples as they were both different but had the same outcome - a penalty.
What wasn't pointed out that in the first example, the ref blew a penalty for the obstruction from Lawrence even though Lyon got across to make the next tackle on Tedesco, he didn't stand there with his hands in the air calling for a penalty, so the ref was trigger happy on that one.

I like to think that as Manly supporters we've got thick hides but obviously not judging by some of the reactions on here.

Top End Eagle said:
I think Jamie might be at the dogs next year after that interview.

Why do you think that?
I didn't see or hear the interview.

I heard the interview. It is obvious Hughes would love to have Killer at the Dogs but there was nothing from Killer other than praise for Manly. For example, the reason he won't make himself available for rep duty at this stage of his career is because he wants to concentrate on helping Manly...

StuBoot said:
master blaster said:

What do you expect him to say? "No comment, I'd rather not answer that thanks Ben".

As for the Lyon/Tigers obstruction stuff, it was pointed out that as the law stood up until last week, that most players would use it to their teams advantage by making a bird of any perceived obstruction.
Of course any player asked directly on National TV would say that they wouldn't milk it, but in the heat of the battle it'd be a different story.

They're professional footballers, that's what they're expected to do - the old cliche "get offered an inch and take a yard".

They just used the Jamie Lyon ones as the examples as they were both different but had the same outcome - a penalty.
What wasn't pointed out that in the first example, the ref blew a penalty for the obstruction from Lawrence even though Lyon got across to make the next tackle on Tedesco, he didn't stand there with his hands in the air calling for a penalty, so the ref was trigger happy on that one.

I like to think that as Manly supporters we've got thick hides but obviously not judging by some of the reactions on here.
touchy touchy Stuboot,it seems everywhere you look these days,Smith has an answer for everything,he is the knew go too man,sorry if that offends you Stuboot,who am I kidding,no Im not

master blaster said:
StuBoot said:
master blaster said:

touchy touchy Stuboot,it seems everywhere you look these days,Smith has an answer for everything,he is the knew go too man,sorry if that offends you Stuboot,who am I kidding,no Im not

Not offended at all masterblaster, I was just commenting on your original post.
Smith as a guest/panellist on the show was asked the question as was Big Willie.

I just think there's a difference between "offering" advice and answering a hypothetical question.

StuBoot said:
master blaster said:
StuBoot said:
master blaster said:

Not offended at all masterblaster, I was just commenting on your original post.
Smith as a guest/panellist on the show was asked the question as was Big Willie.

I just think there's a difference between "offering" advice and answering a hypothetical question.
No worries mate,I just read the way the header said it on the Foxsports website,Smith offers dugan advice,maybe I should have read more instead of just the header,lol

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2