Jamie Lyon & Anthony Watmough sign long term contracts

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Normie

Bencher
Jamie Lyon & Anthony Watmough sign long term contracts

The Quantum Manly Sea Eagles have struck a mighty boost on the eve of the 2010 premiership by signing stars Jamie Lyon and Anthony Watmough to long term contracts.

Lyon has followed on his joint captaincy role by signing until the 2013 season while local junior Watmough has knocked back several much bigger offers to remain with the Sea Eagles.

The dual signing virtually ensures both Lyon and Watmough will finish their NRL careers at Manly.

Lyon has put aside any thoughts of returning to the English Super League in the near future to remain on the northern beaches.

“My family and I love it here. I’m looking forward to winning at least one or two more premierships at Manly, ”Lyon said.

Watmough wants to emulate his former team mate Steve Menzies and be a one club player.

“I don’t want to play against Manly. My mates are here, my children were born in the area and we have a team capable of winning again, ”Watmough said.

Watmough’s four year deal gives him an opportunity of becoming a 250 first grade game player with the club which would place him alongside club legends like Cliff Lyons, Menzies, Geoff Toovey and coach Des Hasler.

The signing of Watmough is an indication that Test backrower team mate Glenn Stewart is also close to signing a new deal.

“Watching Steve Menzies knock back offers to go elsewhere in the NRL made an impression on me and I want to go down the same path.

“Playing before family and friends means a lot and I enjoy playing the style of football that Manly play, ”Watmough said.

Manly coach Des Hasler said the re signing of Lyon and Watmough was essential to Manly’s immediate future.

“They are internationals at the peak of their careers and it is essential that we retain these type of players so we can continue to attract other players to come into our system.

“Their experience is invaluable too for the young players we have coming through, ”Hasler said.

Manly CEO Graham Lowe said the dual signing had been much anticipated by members and fans.

“They are two of our most popular players and it is encouraging that they didn’t want to go anywhere else. In my short time here I have been really impressed with the attitude of both players.

“One is our co captain and one is showing signs of being a future leader. Both are among the best players in the world in their respective positions and will ensure Manly remain at or near the top for years to come, ”Lowe said.

Re: Jamie Lyon & Anthony Watmough sign long term contracts

So much for that Melbourne story concocted by some gronk.

Top News, now for Foran and Gifty please

But the biggest news if that Jason King will also play out the rest of his career at manly as well.  The photos of Des and the goat will remain safely in his hands until he is ready to retire.  

Excellent news and I do reckon we can win one or two more titles while those two are still playing.

BErKeLEy_eAgLe link said:
Top News, now for Foran and Gifty please

Didn't Foran sign for 2 more years the other day ? I can't see Glen going anywhere whilst Brett is still in the Maroon and White.

You've got to think that stitching all these deals up might cost someone an extension. Perry, Kite, Matai ?? one of them have got to probably miss out

Word on the street is that the Knights have approached Kite.
Either way, signing up Lyon, Watmough, Stewart bros and Foran should be our priority ahead of any other player.

Outstanding news. Premierships are built on stable talented personnel. Well done Eags.

You beauty, well done Graham

Further evidence that our club excels at retaining those who we want to keep and releasing those others. I believe Manly are better at this than any other NRL club.

These 2 re-sign and the BIG Anouncement of the weeks is NZ SBS and a box of tissues ?!!?

WTF, does anyone else wonder about the order?

Goldie link said:
The Quantum Manly Sea Eagles have struck a mighty boost  ...etc
Not sure where that story is from but that is the first time I've heard the expression 'the Quantum Sea Eagles'.
Only a matter of time before a backpage photo of Snake jumping high for a bomb will be captioned 'Quantum Leap'.

Haha SER8 :) A quantum leap would be Lowie signing Foran, Lyon and Choc to long-term contracts. Hang on.........

If only the BEAVER could be re-signed then we would know that the virgins in the sacred garden are waiting for all of us. ;)

Fro link said:
These 2 re-sign and the BIG Anouncement of the weeks is NZ SBS and a box of tissues ?!!?

WTF, does anyone else wonder about the order?
  One of your best Fro - maybe they were just softening us up.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4