Jamie Jimbo Lyon

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Because there is no such thing as positive unless there is also negative. Hence, we need Darren and his ilk.

Sheikheagle said:
Darren said:
He has been off form of late so this may help. He deserves a big contract, wherever he goes.

Darren why do all your posts have an underlying negative tone?

Coz Jamie was among the "too old and too slow" and "best is behind them" group from 2009/10 along with the Stewarts, Matai, Robbo etc :)

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Because there is no such thing as positive unless there is also negative. Hence, we need Darren and his ilk.
And we need GE and his elk.

18 May 2013Manly DailyJon Geddes

STAR HOPING TO EXTEND MANLY STAY

SEA Eagles co-captain Jamie Lyon has revealed he is on the verge of finalising a new deal that would see him play out his career at the club he loves.

Sea Eagles centre Jamie Lyon is close to securing his footballing future on the northern beaches.
It is a vote of confidence in the future of Manly ahead of Monday night’s big grudge match with the Storm at AAMI Park.

‘‘I think I am pretty close, hopefully over the next few weeks we can get it sorted out,’’ Lyon said yesterday.
‘‘And hopefully (I can) stay here for a couple more years.’’
Lyon’s young family is settled on the northern beaches and at the Sea Eagles he is playing the best football of his career, forming the most lethal right edge combination in the game with Glenn Stewart.

Lyon played for St Helens for two years but said a move back to England was not a real consideration at this stage.
‘‘I’ve had a couple of years over there and I really enjoyed it at that time of my career,’’ he said. ‘‘But I’ve always wanted to stay here . . . I really love the place.’’

While Lyon’s future is close to being resolved, his immediate concern is the game against the defending premiers.
It is three years since the Sea Eagles won in Melbourne and Lyon concedes it is probably the toughest road trip in the NRL.

‘‘We have been dropping too many balls in the last few weeks, that is something we have to address,’’ Lyon said.
‘‘We are definitely getting the opportunities, we are just not finishing them off.’’
Melbourne will be the third top-four team Manly have faced in four weeks.

Coach Geoff Toovey admitted the tough campaign had stretched their resources, especially with a number of key forwards out.
‘‘I’d be lying if I said it didn’t,’’ Toovey said.
‘‘We are struggling a little bit in that regard.
‘‘But in saying that we believe the 17 that will run out on the paddock will do a great job and we will be very competitive, as we were against the Roosters.’’

Backrower Tom Symonds still has to pass a fitness test on his strained quad.

:heart:

Did you watch them in the first half against Penrith? They were seriously abysmal. I think we'll win.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2