Jamie F***ing Lyon

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
A great captains knock from Killer last night. Saved two tries last night, one with that fantastic tackle and the leap late in the game to take that dangerous bomb. A great player, worthy of his place with other great Manly captains.

Andy1972
Manly Forever.

Manly supporter since 1965. Jamie Lyon has now done enough to replace O'Connor in the centres in Manly's greatest team and play alongside the great Bozo. O'Connor will have to battle it out with Boustead and Shearer for the second wing spot behind Kenny Irvine. Lyon is the best centre in the comp. So reliable and skilfull and also a great leader. The only one that comes close to him is Mattai. Imagine having Jamie creating room for the flying Irvine.;)

I am constantly amazed at his energy levels. He does everything at 100 miles per hour for 80 minutes every week.

Just so, so, solid in defence. Very rarely anyone gets past him and his reads are always on the money. Great on his feet, good step, quickish (used to be lightning in his early days), freakish hands, good in the air, can offload, kick and has vision. Nothing he can't do. I agree that I now think that he is the best centre I have ever seen play for Manly, as I only caught the end of Bozo and was a bit young to appreciate him.

If we win this year then he can lay claim to being the one constant force all season and we can't underestimate his contribution in getting us all the way to the big show. I can't recall a game this year when he didn't shine. He was easily in the top 4 or 5 players every week without fail. Deserves to lift the trophy next Sunday

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6