Jamie Buhrer

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Sorry to be the dissenting voice but I don't think Jamie scored that try. However, I can't argue with others on here. He has definitely earned the right to keep his place in the starting side and Gift shouldn't be a walk up start when he comes back from injury. If anything I'd be tempted to move Horo to the bench and have Gifty, Choc and Jimmy as the starting back row.

Thankfully I'm not Tooves. I'll leave that decision up to him.

Barring injury or a severe drop in form, I think Jamie Buhrer has more than proven he will be our starting lock from 2015 when Gift plays out his career at Redfern

People seem only seem to remember Ferris as the guy a few years ago who only got a couple of minutes playing for the blues at hooker. Taking my manly goggles off, his form as a second rower was sensational and he earned a spot in the blues side. Its taken a couple of years to get regular game time but this kid was always going to be a star.

Needs to get rid of the silly penalties out of his game. Sometimes they are bad luck but that doesn't help our cause.

I think Buhrer keeps his spot now. The definite starting backrow to me is Choc and Buhrer and then when Gift comes back it just depends how fit he is, but I'd say Horo makes way. The question then is does Horo come off the bench? I like Horo and his workrate, but I wouldn't say he's an impact player.

But back to Buhrer, this year to me has been his breakout year. He has really taken his opportunity brilliantly and looks very very comfortable in the starting line up. His little darts at the defensive line looking very dangerous, and I think he is a key weapon against bigger forwards to keep working them over laterally.

Yes, he has been great this year, but there were a couple of very, very ordinary missed tackles against the Tigers. He needs to work on that. Gift is an awesome one-on-one tackler, and that should inspire him to go up another level.

It'll all come down to whether Tooves is prepared to use Buhrer on the left edge when Gifty comes back. We all know Gifty likes to chime in on the right side attack, and that's essentially where Ferris has been playing. Horo runs off Foran down the left; it'll be interesting viewing if Ferris does get a run on the left edge. I doubt Toovey will break up the Foran/Horo combination, but you never know.

silvertail said:
Yes, he has been great this year, but there were a couple of very, very ordinary missed tackles against the Tigers. He needs to work on that. Gift is an awesome one-on-one tackler, and that should inspire him to go up another level.

It may be injuries of late, but Gift has been very ordinary with his one-on-one contacts in recent seasons. A lot of getting bumped off and grabbing, instead of the solid contact earlier in his career.

I agree that Buhrer needs to lift, but his current efforts are no different to what Gift has provided of late.

bob dylan said:
Needs to get rid of the silly penalties out of his game. Sometimes they are bad luck but that doesn't help our cause.

A lot of his penalties that he gives away are for holding down the tackled player for too long but I think that he is picked on by the refs as there are many other opposition players who hold down tackled players for both the same amount of time or longer but don't get penalised. The refs come into the game with preconceived ideas about certain players and then no matter what the player does, they cannot put a foot right.

At the start of the year I would have said the key to manly winning the comp is Gift and Choc being injury free and fresh at the back end of the year. They should both be fresh, the big question mark is will they both be injury free? I wouldn't move Buhrer and let him play on the right with DCE. IMO Gifty takes 12 weeks to get back to his edge running best. I'd stick Gift in the middle in Choc usual small middle Front Row Roll. He is just as tough a Choc, and as hard in defence. But his ball playing against big bodies would add a new dimension to our attack. When we can go straight threw teams and not just around them, then we will be ready to take this title.

Said it before, say it again, the one thing I love above all about ferris is win or lose, he gives 100%.
When players do this they generally evolve into outstanding footballers.

Alan said:
Said it before, say it again, the one thing I love above all about ferris is win or lose, he gives 100%.

He's too small and lacks grunt. Good little player off the bench now and again for impact against tiring forwards towards the back end of a game. I don't see him as a pig carting the ball up field in an arm wrestle though.

Jerry1 said:
Alan said:

He's too small and lacks grunt. Good little player off the bench now and again for impact against tiring forwards towards the back end of a game. I don't see him as a pig carting the ball up field in an arm wrestle though.

He's been our most penetrating forward the past 2 weeks... almost always poking his nose through as well as some superb offloads resulting in four pointers.

Always loved Buhrer. As great as Gift has been throughout his career, Buhrer has shown a lot more early in his career than Gift had. His best years are still ahead of him.

Ferris was our best forwards lastnight playing the 1st half on the left edge then the right 2nd half and back left late in the game same great defence . He is a very underrated player

Jamie is coming along nicely.

Great attitude and aptitude, hope that Manly have re-signed him :angel:

But why does he always wear slippers to Media days :huh: :D

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8