James Tamou

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Lyonstomenzies

Bencher
Premium Member
Out of favour with the cows. Could be a good pick up for next year, especially if the interchange rule is changed. Once he gets back to full fitness I think he will be good again.
He is not the sort of prop that puts bigs shots on or plays with huge aggression, just the sort of prop on his day that eats the meters similar to Kitey in his hay day.

Could be. Just not sure if he needs a change of scenery or his injuries mean he just isn't capable of getting back to that form of a few years ago.

From what I read he is still getting back to fitness. Sounds like the Cows have struggled to get him properly rehabilitated post his surgery. Sounds like he needs this season to get back to form.

We are the type of club that will improve someone like tamou.

From what I read he is still getting back to fitness. Sounds like the Cows have struggled to get him properly rehabilitated post his surgery. Sounds like he needs this season to get back to form.

We are the type of club that will improve someone like tamou.
Yep. We are awesome.

Serious neck injury and is not the player he once was. Unless we get him cheap its not worth the risk. Sure he may find his old form but he is getting 650k at the cows

If his form slump from being awesome in 2013 to ordinary in 2015 is solely due to his neck injury then - given medical advice that he can recover physically - he'd be a good buy. However, the slump could be for other more nefarious reasons, so we must be wary.

We all have our likes and dislikes...it's a no from me.

Funny - he is quoted in the article as dropping from about 160m a game average down to 120-something...still more than any of our props for the last 2 years!

lawrence, trbojevic, l.burgess, sene lefao, starling, mason, sao
thats why not both
Mason isn't a long term solution. If we get a solid year from him we should be happy. Both though offer more than Starling when fit. Starling is mongrel but not much else.

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 11
haha seriously though if we have cap space we may as well use it. You can't roll it forward and our team is not done by a long stretch, so if guys are available and have talent then we should go for it. So long as the length of their deals make sense and doesn't stop the development of our own guys...

Would prefer one of the other Burgess brothers than Tamou

Totally agree.

He has a contract till 2016 I believe, and seems to only play well in contract expiry years.

His neck injury, albeit a concern, is probably more mental now than physical. That's a sure sign to stay away from a player. If he had Richie F's ticker, he would be my first choice though. The guy is seriously a giant.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6