James Roberts

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Can't really hate on TPA's. I saw a guy in Davidson tonight checking out the Chrissie lights with his fam - covered head to toe in Nike. Apparently this guys contract is for around 1.4M a season but God bless Nike for the big chunk of that they're tipping in. His actual cap hit would be well below the 1.4.

Btw said player looked in very good shape.
Past or Current Manly player?

Hope not past.....

22 mins from Narrabeen for me on the gps. When it came up I was like "Jesus! Didn't realise it was that far!"
Yeah! Tell me about it....I hope you did a manditory decompression stop at terry hills tavern! Always need to slowly acclimatize to altitude!

Yeah the transparency is the issue as far as fans are concerned but I suppose it is none of our business.But fair chance if we knew what went down in the GStewart situation there would be a lot less angst amongst members.Why his contract was not accepted by NRL and others were confuses many

Yeh I'm happy not knowing any players salary and I truly wish it wasn't such a 'thing'.
I don't believe it's our business but the Gifty example is a good example of why people can get caught up.

Brisbane's key to success was defensive structure - solid go forward up the middle, with Hunt & Milford playing their respective roles almost perfectly.
Roberts will be close to top try scorer in 2016 simply due to scintillating pace, but....his poor split 2nd instinctive defensive decisions will create chaos to an otherwise structured Bennett defensive line.
Come the crunch games at the business end, will be attacked mercilessly & for all his point scoring ability, become a liability.

According to the Broncos Mail Brisbane has told Copley he needs to look for another club as they need his money to sign Roberts. He's got another year to go on his contract and could potentially decide to stay where he is. If he were to dig his heels in where would this leave the Broncos?
I know it's not likely to happen but it'd be interesting to see if the NRL would take a hard line with their golden boys.

Bloody nice for Copley isn't it? Well into pre-season training, focused on next season, cpl days before Xmas...mate pack your bags we don't want you...what's that you say Dane? a year on your contract to run....you played plenty of games for Norths Devils as you climbed the ladder to get to where you are now....well Dane...you know how that game works here at the Broncos....now off you pop down to the eels there's a good boy.
Bloody stinks. Can't believe I'm going into bat for a Broncos player!...it's the whole system.....diabolical

A few things that the NRL will want answered.

1. The report is that the Groncos signed Roberts for 250K per season. They can't sign him for less than what he was on at the Titans.
2. If Dale Copley was the person to go from those Groncs will they be paying his wages for the next 12 months or part of. Like we are for Matty B and Probably Hiku. Which to me sounds ridiculous. Why let them go if you are still paying part of their Salary surely this would come under the Cap too.

The NRL wouldn't need to know this because they would already know this with Mundine having anything to do with Roberts there is a very Bad Smell about it because Mundine stinks. I am Glad Roberts didn't come to our Great Club. Yeah he has pace but he Can't Tackle. He is nothing compared to Killer and Skivvy.

The tackling thing won't be an issue under Bennett. He'll have Robert's bulletproof within a month of kick off I reckon. I remember Steve Renoufs defence wasn't too flash when he first come into grade, he turned that around quick smart. Hodges is on the coaching staff, I hope that his c@ntfullness doesn't rub off on Roberts, he's already got the world's biggest c@nt as manager!

Bloody nice for Copley isn't it? Well into pre-season training, focused on next season, cpl days before Xmas...mate pack your bags we don't want you...what's that you say Dane? a year on your contract to run....you played plenty of games for Norths Devils as you climbed the ladder to get to where you are now....well Dane...you know how that game works here at the Broncos....now off you pop down to the eels there's a good boy.
Bloody stinks. Can't believe I'm going into bat for a Broncos player!...it's the whole system.....diabolical
With even Bennett doing a Ballin on Copley, the Penns are looking no different to the rest in this practice. Maybe we've become the leaders.

It's a new world.

A few of the Donkeys from the early 1990's came into first grade and couldn't tackle, something that Bennett sorted out relatively quickly.

Renouf, Willie Carne, Julian O'Neill and even Kevin Walters, none of them were good defensive players initially, but they did improve under Bennett. IIRC Walters, who had played under Uncle Wayne at Canberra, spent the 1992-93 off season in a sand pit learning how to tackle with Glenn Lazarus running at him. It worked. Kevvie still wasn't the best defender but he did improve a fair bit after that.

Bennett is no different to any other successful coach. He knows full well that it doesn't matter how good your attack might be, if you can't defend then you're not going to win many games.

I would 've loved to have been a fly on the wall (or any insect really, I'm not insect rascist...oh! there'll be a word for that..don't you worry about that!)...anyway the meeting with Bennett and Mundine...did they bring one of those mime people?...or did they get into a bit of improv drama sports? ( c'mon Clint! what am I, what am I man!!,that's right bitch I'm the MAN!)

Hey here's a word...
Procrastination!.....
....when you are on Silvertails posting mindless dribble (oppossed to your usual other mindless dribble....just getting in before GE,bones, or one of the other quick witted bastards on here)
When you still have a shiit load of jobs on your list that were presented to you at 7am by Mein Fuhrer!

A few things that the NRL will want answered.

1. The report is that the Groncos signed Roberts for 250K per season. They can't sign him for less than what he was on at the Titans.
2. If Dale Copley was the person to go from those Groncs will they be paying his wages for the next 12 months or part of. Like we are for Matty B and Probably Hiku. Which to me sounds ridiculous. Why let them go if you are still paying part of their Salary surely this would come under the Cap too.
If the contract with the Titans was voided due to the forged signature then maybe they can sign him for 250K.

Also, there was plenty of talk that Hiku signed a healthy contract. After all he did have at least 3 clubs chasing him. I imagine his new deal at the Panthers would be more than what he was contracted for with us. If so, then we wouldn't be paying Hiku anything.

It's only when you move a player on and he isn't able to get the same coin that he was contracted for in the first place that you would need to make up the difference. That difference would also become part of your salary cap for as long as you need to pay it.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6