1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

James Graham – how many weeks?

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Eagles 78, Oct 4, 2012.

1. Eagles 78

Eagles 78 Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    Will see who gets it correct?

I’m going to say 16 weeks (or same as 16 games).

The judiciary committee will need to come out hard on the punishment (once found guilty!) and allow some weeks for trial games, etc.

2. G-land Express

G-land Express Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
  3. Rambo1987

Rambo1987 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +212 / 2
    between 14 - 16 weeks but I heard on the radio this morning that he will get 4 week off because a glitch with test and trials. So hopefully 18 - 20 weeks.

4. globaleagle

globaleagle Où est mon chapeau Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +7,800 / 58
    To plead guilty I reckon greenblurgh has been making a few behind the scene phone calls.

Therefore - 7 weeks.

No fines nor suspensions for the mad monday rubbish - see above phone call reason.

5. Frank

Frank Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,159 / 26
    He'll get off. Nothing in it or unusual for a dog.

6. ABTK

ABTK "Bollocks"

Canberra
    Ratings:
    +59 / 2
    Back for Round 7...

7. The Who

The Who Well-Known Member

Mona Vale
    Ratings:
    +4,846 / 103
    12 weeks plus mandatory weekly dental checkups!

8. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    I don't know about this one. What has he actually been charged with ?? Dangerous contact. A good silk could argue that nibbling on someones ear isn't anywhere near as dangerous as head high tackles, grapples or punching someone, all of which generally only get single figure suspensions. I think back to Minichello getting no weeks for nearly decapitating Dugan because of a wrongly worded charge ?

I also read somewhere that Slater doesn't want to speak of the matter any further, does that mean he will refuse to give evidence at the judiciary ? If he doesn't back up his allegation then it just comes down to circumstantial evidence, i.e. video footage and a red mark on Slaters ear. I would hope that the ARLC force Slater to appear and back up his on field claim of having been bitten, otherwise it's a pretty damning allegation to make and then walk away from.

Anyway let's see how it runs it's course but I can smell a rort in the air, dodgily worded charge, Graham pleading not guilty and Slater wishing "to move on". Realistically he should be getting 10-12 weeks for something like that but I'll be surprised if that's the outcome. Big test of the credibility of the judiciary this one.

9. voicefromthehill

voicefromthehill Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,235 / 9
    3 weeks for the reasons outlined above

10. MK Eagle

MK Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +247 / 0
    Should be season - will be 8-12 weeks.
    These other mugs claiming Graham as innocent should be advised to keep there mouths shut. It only pours more fuel on there dwindling reputation & shows their credability is in the gutter.
    Now Barba claims his mate is innocent. Stick with I had no sight of what happened so I will keep out of it.
    Or earn respect with, Graham had a brainsnap & it was poor form so we will accept the punishment & move on - this denial s**t shows they take ppl as idiots & have no responsability in what is a blatent guilty verdict, also dragging out this unsavoury incident.

11. weev

weev Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +684 / 17
    14 weeks.

It was a grand final and he bit a News Limited staff member.

12. TWO DOGS

TWO DOGS Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Berry
    Ratings:
    +429 / 1
    He will get 10 weeks but the low life deserves the season.

13. the mauler

the mauler Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,653 / 25
    Life. The blokes a grub.

14. Sheikheagle

Sheikheagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +856 / 53
    The fact that he has pleaded not guilty I smell a rat so I would say that they are trying to get him off on a technicality. Although given the outcry hopefully commonsense will see him get 10+.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
    Throw the whole club out

16. Mals

Mals Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Pennant Hills
    Ratings:
    +1,480 / 35
    12 weeks with no discount

17. eggson

eggson Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +239 / 2
    9 unfortunately

18. Stevo

Stevo Well-Known Member

NSW
    Ratings:
    +1,319 / 47
    8 weeks is the precedent.

+ 2 weeks because it was an intentional bite to the ear not a reaction to an arm in the face

+ plus 2 because it's brought the game into disrepute on rugby leagues day of days and marred what was a fantastic game of football.

12 matches is my guess.

19. The Wheel

The Wheel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,768 / 72
    Same as Iron Mike Tyson - 3 years

20. Mal Cochrane

Mal Cochrane I'm not really Mal Cochrane...

Ratings:
    +442 / 4
    others got banned for 8 weeks when there was an arm put across their face/mouth. Graham went looking for it and should get 16 weeks/season, but will probably get half that.

What did that rooster 20's player get for kicking in a brawl, i think last year? a year or 2? This was worse than that.