1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

James Ackerman (QRL player)

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by globaleagle, Jun 22, 2015.

1. globaleagle

globaleagle Où est mon chapeau Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +7,782 / 58
    I'm sure many of you have read about this accident over the last few days:

A rugby league player seriously injured in a tackle during a Queensland Cup match on Saturday has died in hospital.

Sunshine Coast Falcons player James Ackerman, 24, was knocked unconscious early in the first half of the Falcons versus Norths Devils game on Saturday afternoon at Bishop Park, Nundah.

Ackerman, a father of two young children,was treated on the field for 40 minutes before being taken to the Royal Brisbane and Women's Hospital.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-06-...n-hospital-rugby-league-tackle-injury/6563864

So young, and very sad for his family. My condolences to the family in this tragic time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. KOMORI

KOMORI Born and bred an Eagle

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +3,269 / 53
    Yeah I heard this on the radio. Poor kid: Hope the QRL get behind his family and team, as well as the opposition players involved.

Very tough situation :(

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. mjb136

mjb136 MWSE fanatic Premium Member

sydney
    Ratings:
    +1,462 / 32
    read it earlier online.

terrible news. Feel for his family.

4. Brookie

Brookie Well-Known Member

Swinger Hill
    Ratings:
    +216 / 4
  5. bones

bones Bones Knows Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +8,999 / 102
    Tragic. I'm sure the Men Of League foundation will support his family. Great organisation of which all Rugby League fans should become a member.

• Like Like x 1
  6. lsz

lsz Well-Known Member Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +3,647 / 66
    Men of league are amazing - a shame the NRL does not do more

7. Daddycool08

Daddycool08 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +371 / 4
    Agreed all the best to his family and friends in this trying time.

May they gather strength and solace from each other and remember the good times this young guy brought into their lives.

My prayers are with you all. It would be heart breaking.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Mals

Mals Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Pennant Hills
    Ratings:
    +1,479 / 35
    https://www.menofleague.com/membership

• Like Like x 1
  9. SilverSkier

SilverSkier Active Member

Ratings:
    +111 / 3
    Absolutely terrible news for everyone involved. Family, friends, teammates, everyone. Very very sad. R.I.P mate

10. Eagleman

Eagleman Active Member

Ratings:
    +167 / 10
    I live on the Sunshine Coast and this has really hit everyone hard here. Tragedy doesnt even begin to sum it up.
    Cant begin to imagine what his family, children, team mates are going through.
    R.I.P

11. sheridanstand78

sheridanstand78 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,308 / 51
    What a tragedy for the game. I really feel for this mans family, his team mates, the fella who tackled him, goes to show you that no matter what controversy we see in the game a story like this reminds us that life is precious, RIP James Ackerman!

12. master blaster

master blaster Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +674 / 4
    R.I.P James Ackerman, so sad

13. Eagle1

Eagle1 Active Member

Ratings:
    +199 / 15
    So sad to hear the passing of this young family man,may you rest in peace.

14. BOZO

BOZO Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +3,842 / 190
    Tragic news . RIP Condolences to the family

15. voicefromthehill

voicefromthehill Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,235 / 9
    Tragic, so very sad for his wife and children.

16. Aussie Battler

Aussie Battler Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +212 / 0
    Can't remember a worst time for this sort of stuff. Puts all the worries about wooden spoons, contracts, club management etc right down the bottom of the heap where it belongs..

17. Menzies11

Menzies11 Well-Known Member

Mackay
    Ratings:
    +322 / 7
    Horrible news, my thoughts are with his family, friends and team mates. I also hope the players involved in the tackle get the help and support necessary as it would also be a terrible time for them. Great touch at the roosters and dragons game tonight.

18. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,793 / 122
    One of the reasons I hate hearing fans refer to players by demeaning terms such as 'pea-heart' is that it is such a tough game, particularly at senior level.

As for this tragic outcome, it seems there will be more to the story in the coming months.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-06-23/james-ackerman-death-francis-molo-referred-to-tribunal/6567306
    Queensland Rugby League (QRL) has referred a 20-year-old player to the judiciary over a tackle that tragically ended the life of 25-year-old James Ackerman.
    In a statement, QRL said its Match Review Committee followed its standard weekly process last night by reviewing the weekend's Intrust Super Cup matches.
    "An incident involving Norths Devils player Francis Molo has been referred to the Judiciary at a date to be confirmed," the statement said.
    The QRL has not provided any details of the charge Molo faces.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...iciary-hearing-postponed-20150623-ghvd12.html
    A judiciary decision on the tackle that injured James Ackerman on Saturday has been delayed indefinitely.
    The Queensland Rugby League released its decision on the tackle involving Francis Molo and James Ackerman in the match between Norths and Sunshine Coast.
    The incident has been referred to the judiciary for a date yet to be set.