James Ackerman (QRL player)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

globaleagle

Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I'm sure many of you have read about this accident over the last few days:

A rugby league player seriously injured in a tackle during a Queensland Cup match on Saturday has died in hospital.

Sunshine Coast Falcons player James Ackerman, 24, was knocked unconscious early in the first half of the Falcons versus Norths Devils game on Saturday afternoon at Bishop Park, Nundah.

Ackerman, a father of two young children,was treated on the field for 40 minutes before being taken to the Royal Brisbane and Women's Hospital.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-06-...n-hospital-rugby-league-tackle-injury/6563864

So young, and very sad for his family. My condolences to the family in this tragic time.

Yeah I heard this on the radio. Poor kid: Hope the QRL get behind his family and team, as well as the opposition players involved.

Very tough situation :(

Tragic. I'm sure the Men Of League foundation will support his family. Great organisation of which all Rugby League fans should become a member.

R.I.P. mate

Agreed all the best to his family and friends in this trying time.

May they gather strength and solace from each other and remember the good times this young guy brought into their lives.

My prayers are with you all. It would be heart breaking.

Absolutely terrible news for everyone involved. Family, friends, teammates, everyone. Very very sad. R.I.P mate

I live on the Sunshine Coast and this has really hit everyone hard here. Tragedy doesnt even begin to sum it up.
Cant begin to imagine what his family, children, team mates are going through.
R.I.P

What a tragedy for the game. I really feel for this mans family, his team mates, the fella who tackled him, goes to show you that no matter what controversy we see in the game a story like this reminds us that life is precious, RIP James Ackerman!

Can't remember a worst time for this sort of stuff. Puts all the worries about wooden spoons, contracts, club management etc right down the bottom of the heap where it belongs..

Horrible news, my thoughts are with his family, friends and team mates. I also hope the players involved in the tackle get the help and support necessary as it would also be a terrible time for them. Great touch at the roosters and dragons game tonight.

One of the reasons I hate hearing fans refer to players by demeaning terms such as 'pea-heart' is that it is such a tough game, particularly at senior level.

As for this tragic outcome, it seems there will be more to the story in the coming months.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-06-23/james-ackerman-death-francis-molo-referred-to-tribunal/6567306
Queensland Rugby League (QRL) has referred a 20-year-old player to the judiciary over a tackle that tragically ended the life of 25-year-old James Ackerman.
In a statement, QRL said its Match Review Committee followed its standard weekly process last night by reviewing the weekend's Intrust Super Cup matches.
"An incident involving Norths Devils player Francis Molo has been referred to the Judiciary at a date to be confirmed," the statement said.
The QRL has not provided any details of the charge Molo faces.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...iciary-hearing-postponed-20150623-ghvd12.html
A judiciary decision on the tackle that injured James Ackerman on Saturday has been delayed indefinitely.
The Queensland Rugby League released its decision on the tackle involving Francis Molo and James Ackerman in the match between Norths and Sunshine Coast.
The incident has been referred to the judiciary for a date yet to be set.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/br...h/news-story/6d025c10695abb4f86aeeb8162076229

A CORONER has slapped the Brisbane Broncos over their handling of a contracted player after he caused the death of an opponent.

A CORONER has found the Brisbane Broncos should have done more to teach Francis Molo how to avoid shoulder charging opponents after causing the death of James Ackerman in a 2015 Queensland Cup match.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2