Jake turbo on JWH

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

midsteyne

loyal forever
When our boys play the rorters how will TURBO stack up against JWH(the biggest fraud playing today).
I truly believe Jake can handle this over-rated turkey as he did the burgess boys last week.
I find JWH and his ego is in for a flogging.

Mariah Heargraves has been going very well of late. He's a big tank but he benefits from today's tackling techniques in which upper body contact followed by an arm wrap and wrestling is the norm.

Jake's defensive style is a little more old school in that he starts low and hits upward, properly braced for the impact he's about to deal to his opponent's mid-section.

Mariah will work this out pretty quickly........then he'll avoid_the_sh*t out of Jake's shoulder.. My guess anyway.

I think what may put JWH off is that Jake isn't interested in being the supposed tough guy. He sets, hits, smashes, gets up and does again. Jake is interested in winning the match, JWH is interested in being seen as an enforcer.

I think JWH is a big reason the Roosters have been Minor Premiers for 2 years in a row and are in the top 3 currently. But he is certainly limited, and has a short fuse. I think someone like Jake can definitely get him.

JWH is a benchmark for prop forwards and young Jake will learn a lot from that encounter. Gosh we have JWH on our books as a kid sad we could not keep him,

JWH is a benchmark for prop forwards and young Jake will learn a lot from that encounter. Gosh we have JWH on our books as a kid sad we could not keep him,
Happy to be corrected, but my recollection is that De$ made sure we had no funds to keep JWH when he signed all our aging props, after he had himself signed with the Bulldogs.

Happy to be corrected, but my recollection is that De$ made sure we had no funds to keep JWH when he signed all our aging props, after he had himself signed with the Bulldogs.
My understanding is that JWH left the club at the end of the 2009 season. I think the Rorters pretty much offered double what we could and he left.

Jake is a professional. He would be one of our better forwards at getting over the top of JWH.

JWH may have left for the money but he loves the Eastern Suburbs lifestyle and will probably finish his career at the Roosters. Even if he stayed past 2009, I reckon he would have ended up leaving.

My understanding is that JWH left the club at the end of the 2009 season. I think the Rorters pretty much offered double what we could and he left.
My bad. You've got the dates right.

Obviously the Roosters worked out his true value a lot better than Des did. I was spewing when we rolled over on that one.

JWH is a tough player & 1 of the top props in the game......Jake is a young pup still earning his stripes - but potentially the best & well on the way to proving that.
Its more a matter of Jake just turning up how he has & not reading to much media hype - his humble character is on the top shelf with his ability.

I said it in the roosters to beat thread, really looking forward to this.
JT isnt interested in the niggle but it will be interesting to see if JWH can draw him into it.
JWH is more damaging atm but JT is a better all round player.

Jake isn't a show pony like Maria, he won't get sucked into that chest puffing, trash talking, emblem slapping rubbish that JWH needs to get himself up. Hopefully Jake will just snap JWH every time he runs and doesn't engage with him. Just go about your business, seek and Destroyevic.

I recall hearing that we were happy to let JWH go, as Sam Burgess was all but signed, before Russell Crowe stepped in and beat us to the punch.

As it stands today, Jake is not in the same league as JWH. I would have JWH back in a heartbeat. In a year or two Jake will be up there with him, but let's not get carried away here, it's still men and boys.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4