Jake Trobovich the future

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

MK Eagle

Bencher
Leader of the Seaeagles.
He oozes attitude only seldom few players have & after watching him take on the young warriors team on Sunday we have an absolute winner here.
He has already more than matched the experienced NSw Cup fowards & these NZ Big Boppers struggled to contain him, in fact, he won 95% of the contacts with & without the ball.
He's almost a young Scott in playing style, though he does possess skills to pass before, at & through the line & hits like a hammer in defence & has pace for a big fella.
Is he ready now??
Maybe not though has to be pretty close, theres no doubt Tooves would hold him in the highest regards & he WILL be in the 17 in 2014.
Quality young front rowers like this are GOLD, really hoping he inks a long term deal. For those who have not seen him yet, you will soon!!

Huge future but don't see any point in rushing him along. I'd be happy for him to continue to play 20s next year and possibly NSW cup as the season progresses. Another off season or two in the gym and he'll be cherry ripe for 2015.

Don't rush the kid. Omealy was rushed. Ritson was rushed. Props need more than potential and heart. They need to learn a feel for the game. Late next year lining up for a monster 2015 will do him good. Sao Hasson Gower Lawrence King Faoso... We need one more quality prop - Weyman? Perry? - not sure George or Joe here next year...Aaron Woods Tim Grant would be nice.

We got Starling from Souths plus someone from Qld (?). Also about to sign Dunamis Lui from Broncos (?).

Masked Eagle said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:
We got Starling from Souths plus someone from Qld (?). Also about to sign Dunamis Lui from Broncos (?).

Those signings tell me the club is taking it slowly with Jake.

Just hope he doesn't get pinched from under our noses, But definitely one to watch out for in the future.

Top End Eagle said:
Don't rush the kid. Omealy was rushed. Ritson was rushed. Props need more than potential and heart. They need to learn a feel for the game. Late next year lining up for a monster 2015 will do him good. Sao Hasson Gower Lawrence King Faoso... We need one more quality prop - Weyman? Perry? - not sure George or Joe here next year...Aaron Woods Tim Grant would be nice.
Always a believer if your good enough your old enough, though you have point as front rowers need more time than a classy outside back on most occasions.
With Jake he will be up for 2014 imo, but time will tell.
Cant agree with Ritto being rushed, good mates with him still, he had his career hijacked by misfortune outside of the game & was dominating at the time. O'Meley for mine was 1 of the shining lights when he started out & that was in a struggling Northern Eagles team.
Would love any of the 2 props mentioned - Woods/Grant but doubt the funds are their after rightly paying big dollars on the spine of this team. This is why its a good idea to get Jake now on a 3-4 year deal to lock him up & before his price rockets up.

SeaEagleRock8 said:

Starling will go well I think. The guy from Qld is Tyson Andrew. Raw, but has a good attitude and work ethic.

TYSON Andrews' father is "over the moon" his son was signed by Manly. He supports the Sea Eagles.

The Mackay Cutters prop said his mother, on the other hand, wasn't so impressed.

"She doesn't support Manly," he laughed.

Her loyalty is with the North Queensland Cowboys, and she is a passionate league supporter.

So it will be interesting to see who she cheers for if her son takes to the field in a game between the Cowboys and Sea Eagles.

"She'll probably go for me to play well, but go for the Cowboys to win," he laughed.

But both parents were thrilled for Andrews and for the opportunities the two-year contract signed on Wednesday could present.

"I'm still processing in my head how surreal it all is," he said.

"Ever since I started to play rugby league (as a child), I always dreamed of playing in the NRL. This brings me one step closer."

Luckily, Andrews looked good in Maroon, and had become used to wearing the colour throughout his three seasons with the Cutters.

Rugby league will become Andrews' full-time job from November this year when he moves south.

"It's a dream come true. It's what I've always wanted," he said.

However, it means he will have to put his third-year apprenticeship as a boilermaker on hold.

He said he would finish off his theory, but the practical side would have to wait until after the pre-season.

Andrews planned to put everything he had into the pre-season.

Opportunities to play for the Sea Eagles depend on his training and whether or not he had a good pre-season, he said.

"Their style of play is very suited to my style of play. I think I'll fit in well," he said.

Andrews is a prop. At 23, he said it was the age props were usually signed.

His role puts him in the thick of the action, but that's what he loves about the game.

"It's a pretty straight forward role... but it's one of the toughest roles. You have to be willing to work hard," he said.

"I wouldn't want to play anywhere else."

http://www.whitsundaytimes.com.au/news/tyson-andrews-manly-mother-cowboys-family/1917331/

I've seen Trbjovic play a few times and have been impressed every time. However, the NYC is proving more and more not to be a great springboard into NRL. A lot of clubs are giving promising young players an extended run in NSW/Qld Cup before moving them to NRL. Gutherson has played most of this year in NSW Cup, for example. I'd like to see him play NSW Cup next year and bulk up a bit. Maybe give him a sniff around Origin time, much like we did with Sao. But the thought of Sao and Trbjovic as our starting props in a couple of years is exciting.

Interestingly neither Trbojevic, Trbjovic, Trumpovich, Trobovich or Trompovich have been named in either the 20s or NSW Cup teams. Did they all get injured last weekend?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7