1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jake Trobejvic.....looking good!

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Killer03, Mar 20, 2015.

1. Killer03

Killer03 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,701 / 27
    Big Jake T got some serious minutes tonight and he did not look out of place one bit. The big thing for me is that he was just constantly looking for work, whether it was hitups or tackles or kick chases. For a big unit he's got a serious motor, good ball skills and a very impressive tackling technique. Up against the big dogs forwards he kept taking them down.

I haven't seen the stats, but I thought he was very impressive. He also brings a tonne of enthusiasm!

• Like Like x 6
  2. KOMORI

KOMORI Born and bred an Eagle

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +3,269 / 53
    Totally agree. He's an absolute work horse and he can HIT!!

Kid has a great future, and hopefully its with us!!

3. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,625 / 132
    was surprised how long i kept seeing the 16 out there after the break. Kept thinking the mist was playing havoc with my eyes.

stats were 9 runs 74m, 28 tackles, ZERO missed tackles and 1 error

4. Baz

Baz Beaver's Headgear

Ratings:
    +263 / 2
    His performance was one of the only enjoyable things tonight. He has a very big future ahead.

• Like Like x 1
  5. JenEagle

JenEagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,649 / 45
    Sign him up long term with his brother.

It's not as if we don't have the cash or cap space

Des and crusher tried to take him a few years ago with a huge offer and he told them he couldn't leave manly. Bit different to some others

• Like Like x 1
  6. Killer03

Killer03 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,701 / 27
    Wow, very good stats. And what's not shown is he was always down with the kick chase, and was doing some good passing out of the middle too.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Daddycool

Daddycool Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +283 / 2
    Despite the result, there were plenty of positives to come out of the game and Jake T's performance was one. He was very good and will only get better. I just hope Tooves keeps him in the 17 once Lawrence & Starling are fit.

8. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    Got a nice set of hands for a big guy. Looks like he could be that little bit of X factor up front that we could do with this year.

• Like Like x 2
  9. The Who

The Who Well-Known Member

Mona Vale
    Ratings:
    +4,846 / 103
    Apart from the goalkicking there were plenty of positives to come out of this match for us. The lads have proven that they have great team spirit to battle so manfully against the odds.

• Like Like x 1
  10. JenEagle

Ratings:
    +1,649 / 45
    Jake T is better than both Starling and Lawrence IMO. Nothing wrong with either of those guys but Jake T is special.

• Like Like x 7
  11. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,802 / 122
    He was impressive again, and I also liked Sao. We will be a lot better by the end of the year with young players like these coming through.

• Like Like x 3
  12. the mauler

the mauler Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,653 / 25
    Agree.

13. Dinga

Dinga Active Member

Ratings:
    +136 / 1
    YES keep these young kids coming through... I thought trbojovics hit ups and passing game were excellent considering the forwards he was up against in his 3rd first grade game ?

14. ManlyBacker

ManlyBacker Winging it Staff Member

Ratings:
    +971 / 7
    Overall the skills training has been impressive in the youngsters (plus their own talent as well of course).

15. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,625 / 132
    best thing I like about being at the ground, you get to see all the work certain players do off the ball. Jake has a great footy brain and therefore gets into the right position. Horo was extremely busy off the ball too, regularly coming in behind in cover just in case

16. JenEagle

Ratings:
    +1,649 / 45
    Maybe our pigs aren't as weak as we all thought. São jake t and burgess have been great. So has mason. Out played the dogs or at least matched it with them. Or did the dogs have an off night. Not sure

• Like Like x 1
  17. Snake

Snake Doing The Eagle Rock!

Ratings:
    +2,536 / 135
    Yeah the front row rotation tonight was pretty fantastic against a really good pack of forwards. Jake T, Mason, Sao, and Burgess, all really stood up.

• Like Like x 1
  18. BirdMan4ever

BirdMan4ever Active Member

Ratings:
    +244 / 11
    fowards made a strong statement generally we looked more likely the winning team bar some fundamental errors at crucial moments from.
    1. Horo (DCE please lure him to GC or park football at best)
    2. DCE (poor options, kicking, timing)
    3. Blair (this guy is a passanger, week in week out he costs us points)

19. BirdMan4ever

BirdMan4ever Active Member

Ratings:
    +244 / 11
    Soggy & Big Turbo will be future stars and rep players.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Mwseintville

Mwseintville Member

Townsville
    Ratings:
    +38 / 2
    Agree both great players with Tom T, Jess Ramien.

• Like Like x 2